The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Lost Color ............

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Or you could say the " Last " time for Grabber Blue, as it will be lost to buyers in 2018. We have a GT350 in this legendary color and feel free to give me a ring if this is something you would love to see in your driveway?

Just call my cell ( 402-677-5864 ), anytime, or drop me an email [email protected]

I can offer special shipping , but call to ask as do not want to print ( not a come on , there is a legitimate reason I do not post the actual cost ).

Sorry to see Grabber Blue leaving the line up. Bill, Just out of curiosity, Is Comp Orange still available? Not too many GT350's took that option if it was. Not looking to buy another race car..My CO Boss is enough for me..;)

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
2018 has a new color called Orange Fury coming out -- lighter than Comp Orange ( more pastel). Comp Orange was the color of my first Boss 302 , so like many it was a favorite color of mine. Been awhile since it was a choice, though. Grabber Blue is a classic color to many old farts like me , and often unknown to younger Stang buyers ( at least from conversations), but it is going to the Highway in the Sky after 2017 and it appears it is a pretty rare color ( order wise ).

Bay Area
Speaking of colors, why don’t we see yellow blaze out there? Are they put away for the future collection ?

Personally, I’ve only seen one. And it was mesmerizing.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
A lot of colors , with many Manufacturers come out and are not repeated for years or if at all. I agree the Yellow Blaze is a dynamite color, but it was seldom ordered , and though popular now, those in Sales/Marketing often go back to see sold numbers of a color to determine future sales. The problem I have seen , over the years, with Ford, GM, Chrysler, is most Dealers don't sell a lot of Performance Machines and when they do get one they just mentally go with their image of the tried and true colors ---- reason you often can find plenty of Black or Red cars some years. No Science here , but I have found Dealers to be hesitant to try the unique or different colors and it has been something we have exploited at our Dealerships. When 20 Dealers have Black and Red ( example only) cars and you have the only Silver one around , you are looking at a smaller market and one a determined buyer will often gravitate to. Just my humble opinion , but likely the reason many colors appear for a short time and do not come around again ( or for a long time).

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Good comment Connecticut Yankee Robert, as this is another reason folks would seldom think of, but with most of the Major Automotive Companies outsourcing so many items, colors, tints, etc. can be discontinued ,become cost prohibitive or even unobtanium. Good example would be when the Tidal Wave slammed into the Fukushima Nuclear Plant area in 2011. There were paint Plants near that area that could not supply tints to many manufacturers , hence colors became unavailable ( example; Redline TriCoat used by Chrysler was cancelled due to a Plant's destruction and it was a $1000 extra paint choice) . This affected companies as far away as Germany ( BMW ) and many in the US. Sometimes the materials are not available as the supplier went out of business -- not uncommon with lots of small suppliers.

Last edited:

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I ordered my Boss 302 in October 2011. YB was discontinued then, so Kona Blue was my second choice. (Although Wifies favorite color.)

Hahaha

TMO Supporting Vendors