The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Mojave Mile

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've known of the Texas Mile but just found out about the Mojave Mile about 4 hours South of where I live and about two hours North of L.A.. I'll be shooting for the October event this year just to see what the Boss can do. Hopefully TracKey removes the speed limiter. What do you think the Boss will do in the standing mile? I think maybe 160-165 if you get a really good launch.

http://www.mojavemile.com/

Based on running the redneck mile near my house I think I'd have a hard time hitting 140-145 in a mile. Quarter mile is about 12.5 seconds, next quarter is what maybe 7, next 6, next 5? Can you go from 115 to 145 in 18 seconds? I don't know but I doubt it. From 120+ acceleration is diminished significantly. Would be fun to find out though! 8)

TMO Supporting Vendors