The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The more I read on brakes, the less I know... Another brake upgrade thread...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I've decided on the following combo:

No ABS module (light and chimes, no Thx, I'm way too OCD)
Baer Eradispeed Rotors (runner up DBA, might try next time to compare)
Pagid RST-2/56 (runner up carbotech... Next time!)
Vorshlag Lines (runner up goodridge)

I've already been running Motul 600, and BFR brake ducts, with Hawk HPS, with satisfactory result all season. Thanks again all for the input!

gleek48

Tapatalk User
I ended up ordering this week:

BFR brake duct cooling
BFR front row hook kit
Centric Premium rotors
Carbotech CP 12/10
Good ridge as lines
Apex 18x10 wheels
MGW race spec shifter (back ordered)

Ordered brake stuff from KNS with a nice BMO discount, everything else direct.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Do not forget the Pufferfish shifter bracket!! For brakes I am very happy with Pagid RS29, Castrol SRF, DBA 4000 and brake ducts. Recently beat a Zl1 (at last!) mainly because of braking.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
LTNYC said:

I've already been running Motul 600, and BFR brake ducts, with Hawk HPS, with satisfactory result all season. Thanks again all for the input!

Consider Castrol SRF as well - the wet boiling point is phenomenal.

I've run that same Pagid pad setup with good success.

I've been debating the Ti shims - are you considering those? I haven't bought into the concept completely, but a number of others use them

LTNYC said:

Let us know if you warp your baer rotors....

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Baer Eradispeed drilled rotors crack when used with race pads. Fact I went through 3 setes on the rear of my car. Waste of money, for the cost you can get the GT 500 rear retrofit setup and the rotors 13.89" last forever and cos $230 a pair to replace.
Steve

Black Boss said:
No question that shims helped my caliper seal life both with Pagids and CarboTechs.....

Stock Brembo calipers? What is the typical seal life and how do we know when to rebuild the caliper? Thanks for the information.

PS. Has anyone ran Raybestos racing pads? They are a lot less expensive than Cabotech and Pagid and have many different pad compounds.

I'm going to have to do something on a front caliper upgrade this winter, but wishing/hoping there was an option less expensive than the Stoptech or Brembo race kit. I plan to switch to the GT350 for the 2016 season so will likely only run the Boss one more year. I am tired of dealing with stripped out stock Brembos and don't want to battle through that again this summer, but it would be nice to figure out a middle ground that isn't 3-5k if anyone has any bright ideas.....or better yet a slightly used set of Stoptechs :)

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
cloud9 said:
I'm going to have to do something on a front caliper upgrade this winter, but wishing/hoping there was an option less expensive than the Stoptech or Brembo race kit. I plan to switch to the GT350 for the 2016 season so will likely only run the Boss one more year. I am tired of dealing with stripped out stock Brembos and don't want to battle through that again this summer, but it would be nice to figure out a middle ground that isn't 3-5k if anyone has any bright ideas.....or better yet a slightly used set of Stoptechs :)

Wilwood is a good option. I ran them on my fox body for many, many years without issue. Should be less than StopTech. Might try Performance Friction as well

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel