The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The more I see the 2015 Mustang the more I love my 2012 Boss 302!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I don't think I will ever sell my 2012 Boss 302. Sorry, but the 2015 Mustang styling doesn't even come close. I've owned 3 Camaro's, 1 Trans Am, 4 Porsche's, and various other cars. The Boss is by far the coolest, best handling, fastest, and most beautiful car I've ever had!

I really like the new 2015 and after seeing it in person I like it more. But from a looks standpoint there's nothing compelling there to upgrade over the Boss.

Like most here, I will not be getting rid of the Boss anytime soon. However I do see a S550 in my families future.

At the 50th anniversary they had a 2015 within 25 feet of a 2014. Just the slimming of the car makes a S550 desirable; Current gen looks bloated in comparison. Not a knock on our cars really, just park it next to a Camaro to feel better. ;)

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
If I got an S550, it'd be an ecoboost convertible to cruise in. I know, that's tough because I want that V8 rumble while cruising but this would likely be a better car overall.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Ok, agree the Boss is the Boss. There are few other cars in the modern area that are so universally liked and held in high esteem from all car groups. Of course for good reason. Going to be a tough act to follow for Ford. But as Steve Dinan once said when asked what was the best BMW? His answer, the newest one.
At the end of the day, the Boss is a keeper a very special car. Think I will keep mine but a 2015 Eco with track pack could be fun.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I agree with you about the looks of the '12 Boss. But I gotta question your sense of style without knowing *which* Camaros! ;)

Just kidding, and welcome to the forum! 8)

Anything Trans-Am/Camaro third-gen and earlier is acceptable to me :). After that they just got fugly. I would not mind a 2015+ Mustang ecoboost as a DD, too. I would definitely consider a V8 4-door if Lincoln doesn't make it look odd. Once I get out of MA. Until then it's beaters for DD.

DEye

You can't get there from here...
dcmckenz75 said:
I don't think I will ever sell my 2012 Boss 302. Sorry, but the 2015 Mustang styling doesn't even come close. I've owned 3 Camaro's, 1 Trans Am, 4 Porsche's, and various other cars. The Boss is by far the coolest, best handling, fastest, and most beautiful car I've ever had!

There are parts of the car that are very appealing, but other points not so much, I'm with you on this one. ::)
MAYBE it might change my view of it after I see it in person, but I didnt like the change from 12 to 13...
So it's not off to a good start...

But all the folks the traded the 12for 13 might love ;)

ustang-GT-Convertible-Concept-65-Fastback-1280x960.jpg
This is what gave me the fever back again in 2003.
I have to see the 2015 in person.
I am sure we will all want the 350GT once its out ;D

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
patrickshelby said:
This is what gave me the fever back again in 2003.

Agreed.

I think Ford made a HUUUGE mistake by showing us that/those prototypes and then releasing a really watered-down version of the car. :p I would have bought one that looked anything like the prototypes.

TMO Supporting Vendors