The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Movie Rush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is anyone besides me looking forward to watching this new movie by Ron Howard?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hdXnQUj_ZEs[/youtube]

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
When racers were men, not robots. Formula 1 in the 3 Liter era from 1966-1980 was very cool. Tremendous innovation and drama. Sadly many injuries and death too. I love current racing but the whole sponsor party line, Sanctioning bodies trying to 'level the playing field", restrictions on engine rpm, aero that doesn't allow any passing and now NASCAR adding a 13th spot to their already contrived Chase format because Hendrick Motorsports and Chevy cried just puts me off. Even Grand Am racing went from having a simple weight handicapping formula to a morass of engine restriction. brake packages, aero tweaks and more for the ST and GS cars. Modern racing is just too complicated and I don't even have a clue how to make it better.
Steve

I go to about one movie every two years and I actually asked my wife if she wanted to see this. So to answer your question, maybe? It will be hard to top Talladega Nights though. :D

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Saw it last night, very good movie and about 97% accurate. My wife liked it as well, she recognized Lauda as "that old guy at Mercedes with one ear", she really is a great race widow :-* Could've have been 20 minutes longer to showcase the racing a little more. I have read many books on both Lauda and Hunt and Ron Howard tried to get all of the backstory in there. Really well made but Grand Prix and Le Mans still have better racing action only because the scenes were a little longer. Well worth seeing in the theater and I will be buying the Blu Ray.
Steve

I saw it and thought it was great. It certainly could have used a little more action, but what it had was well done.

steveespo said:
Saw it last night, very good movie and about 97% accurate. My wife liked it as well, she recognized Lauda as "that old guy at Mercedes with one ear", she really is a great race widow :-* Could've have been 20 minutes longer to showcase the racing a little more. I have read many books on both Lauda and Hunt and Ron Howard tried to get all of the backstory in there. Really well made but Grand Prix and Le Mans still have better racing action only because the scenes were a little longer. Well worth seeing in the theater and I will be buying the Blu Ray.
Steve

I agree with Steve. A very good movie. I own Grand Prix (my favorite race / car movie), and I think Rush is very similar in portraying what was F1 in the early 70s. I will definately watch the movie again. Grand Prix is a a much longer movie that allowed more time for the backstory and race action. Maybe a Rush directors cut in the future?

I let this one pass when it was in the theaters, but I rented it at a RedBox the other day.

Great flick, even my wife liked it. I agree that more racing sequences would have been better, but the ones in the film were simply awesome.

It was not exactly a box office hit in the US (the US film boxoffice is dominated by idiotic teen flicks and superheroes), but they made up for it in worldwide distribution. It has an overall rating of 8.3 on imdb.com - one of the top 500 films of all time. People like it. If you have a pint of car blood in your veins, you will like it too.

TMO Supporting Vendors