The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The New Ford GT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick,

I trust you'll post the link later this year when applications are being accepted again by Ford.

In the meantime, I can't wait to see and hear this monster at Sonoma Raceway this weekend...

Best,

Jim

See you Saturday.

US
They still only allowing rich celebrities buy them still? That's the main reason I find this car meaningless. Came out and only Leno types allowed to get them. No one allowed to sell them without Ford's permission etc. Not that I can afford one or even want one but still leaves a bad taste .

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

They don't want to be bothered with the "average Joe" because they know the "average Joe" could never afford it Movie stars and celebrities have the ka ching......pocket change to most of them. I don't think I would want one either...I would never be able to get in or out of it....:D

The car is a bit of a challenge to get in and out of that's for sure.

My perspective on this is: If you didn't apply to buy one, and get declined, you should just sit back and enjoy the fact that Ford built the car and is beating Ferrari, Porsche and everyone else in road racing across the globe. :cool: You should have seen the Porsche guys complain when the GT's came in 1st and 2nd this year at Daytona. You would think it's their birth right to win every race they enter. :rolleyes:

A local guy I know received his new GT about two weeks ago and after having PPF and ceramic coating applied he brought it out to a local CnC for its debut. Hopefully I’ll get a ride in it soon. This car has all options including the Akrapovic exhaust but no stripes. I didn’t take a photo of the interior but it’s got a lot of white in it.

31C6FE8E-61A0-4C3F-8A15-734E5D15F907.jpeg663D87C6-5337-48E6-8628-06939B1FDFF1.jpeg325A73B9-9135-4657-966D-73A5EDC309AF.jpeg18959D9D-F5F1-491C-B007-617C7DD04070.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors