The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The New Ford GT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I received my May issue of Car and Driver yesterday and there's a blurb on the 2017 FGT. Hameedi is quoted as saying regarding the fixed seats "fix the occupants, and you can shrink-wrap the greenhouse around them. You know where they're going to be and can bring everything in closer." Said it wasn't just about weight reduction but safety too. Then Kip Ewing calls the weight target "extraordinary" and C&D translates that to be in the 2,800 lb range. After a conversation with Paul Seredynski about the engine being developed in the DP race car they state that it will have around 650 HP. If it really weighs in the 2,800 lb range with close to 650 HP this thing should be a rocket. :p

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
That's certainly impressive. Unfortunately, my casual 'car guy poll' says that nobody I've talked to in person seems to really want one. And by that I mean *IF* there was anybody I knew in person with the money to actually afford one, this car wouldn't even be on their list of cars to buy.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
OnceRe: The New Ford GT

Once the specs are fully known and it starts to get driven on test tracks, it will be.

Grant 302 said:
That's certainly impressive. Unfortunately, my casual 'car guy poll' says that nobody I've talked to in person seems to really want one. And by that I mean *IF* there was anybody I knew in person with the money to actually afford one, this car wouldn't even be on their list of cars to buy.

When talking to my local dealer about the wait list for the GT350, I was surprised to hear that they have a wait list of 6 already for the GT. That is especially surprising for MN.

On these waitlists, are the folks putting money down?

That aside, I like what Ford has done here, built a proper super car. I truly loved the mid-2000 incarnation and that it was even "attainable" for many people, but this car just sings to me.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Grant 302 said:

Good point, a $400K Ford doesn't get you the highline dealer experience...like comparably priced sports car competition provides.

four-walling said:
Good point, a $400K Ford doesn't get you the highline dealer experience...like comparably priced sports car competition provides.

With last generation GT Ford had personalized service where tech came to you, there was no dealership experience beyond showing up to buy it. However the point remains salient in that buying a Ford is quite different.

I know there are a LOT of Shelby guys itchin' to get their hands on the GT. Shelby American only has the Shelby GT in the new body style right now. No Super Snake. No 1000. Ford will have no trouble selling them at MSRP.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Fat Boss said:
I know there are a LOT of Shelby guys itchin' to get their hands on the GT. Shelby American only has the Shelby GT in the new body style right now. No Super Snake. No 1000. Ford will have no trouble selling them at MSRP.

Becau$e $helby guy$. ;D ;)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
NFSBOSS said:
I'm not sure how legit this is but it looks real to me.

attachment.jpg

That picture is cropped but the original has the SVT hauler in the background and the parking lot + surroundings look quite a bit like SVT HQ--so I'd wager it's legit.

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
Not to rain on the parade, but that at best is 3-4 more microprocessors than in my Expedition or GT500. The Expedition may have a couple others having to do with the AWD/4WD and the towing sway control module.

"Occupant Classification Senor" ? Umm… "is there a body in the car with a need to set off the pax airbags?"

I'll give then the "Wing Position Sensor" and "Transaxle Control Module". I don't have either of those on my cars- that I'm aware of. ;-)

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
ArizonaBOSS said:
I'm just sharing the information :)

no no no… all good. I wasn't being critical and think it's a great pair of graphics. I'd give up a first born for the car but just thought it was funny the way it was being presented. like a *rolling eyes*.

Great detective work and thanks for posting it.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel