The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The New Ford GT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

https://youtu.be/8sla9kSxO8I

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
All in all, a great race season for the new Ford GT. Having Ford back in the World Endurance Champioship is really nice to see.

Go Team Ford!
302 Hi Pro

Look what I saw today around the Hwy 401 and 407 area in Toronto, Canada today. It must be a PP car, as Multi-Matic is nearby and it had a manufacturer plate on it. Roads are salt covered and the car was a "salt lick", but what a sound as it was wound out.

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

Grant 302 said:
That's awesome you got a picture! Was it in front of you and you pulled over to get a shot of it coming off that ramp?

It was turning left heading towards me on the other side of the over-pass I was on, to take the on ramp to the highway. I pulled over to get the pic as is was accelerating on the on ramp. I hope it had some kind of all season/snow tires on it, as it was about 28 degrees today and summer tires would probably have been useless.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Good work. Thanks for taking the time to get the shot! I see a fair amount of camouflaged cars here, but never really have a chance to (safely) get pics.

Well, the first Ford GT rolled off the line on Dec 16th. In the video, I recognize the man pointing where to stop as the guy in the Boss video, I thing he is a VP for the performance group. I believe the man driving was Raj Nair, Ford executive vice-president of global product development.

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/7023581-1st-new-ford-gt-super-car-rolls-off-line-in-markham/

If there smart they should. Its great for Fords reputation as a donation to help a cause.
Let me think....crusher or a little write off for Ford. While it looks like they care about the cause while making good head lines....Another words it's great for TV and hopefully sales. These cars go for stupid amounts.. It's a win win for seller and buyer at tax time.
One can only wish they had that much cash to just throw at a car. That's got to feel different.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Seems a little "gimmicky"...not sure if the parameters they are changing really make a difference? I would have liked to see a little bit more out of a $400k+ car.

TMO Supporting Vendors