The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The new Z/28 vs. BOSS 302 On Track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
steveespo said:
Those guys on the Camaro forum were very respectful and sounded alot like we do. Maybe they're not so bad after all......................
NAH!!!!! They still drive Chevys.
Props to the them though, takes a man to get out there and push an expensive car to it's limit.
Steve

I was going to post a similar observation...and especially coming from the camaro5 reputation. Maybe with the higher average prices come more mature pocketbooks regardless of brand.

I think you have some pretty nice car control. Very smooth on the steering. See a lot of guys sawing away.

I'm sure the Z driver had some pride hurt and maybe needs the paint on his bumper touched up.

I agree on missing the apex and over correcting. Though that might not be the root cause. I think he was checking his rear view mirror too much!

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
NFSBOSS said:
That was my second day ever on R comps. It's the same Nitto 555R II setup Pete has been using.

So how did you like the 555's ? I'm on R6's tomorrow assuming it doesn't rain.

Grant 302 said:
Maybe with the higher average prices come more mature pocketbooks regardless of brand.
This probably has something to do with it. Similar to how this is not your typical Mustang forum.

PeteInCT said:

You can't drive when you are being hounded by.....

THE DUFFINATOR !!!!!
;D

PeteInCT said:
So how did you like the 555's ? I'm on R6's tomorrow assuming it doesn't rain.
They are awesome. I can only imagine what slicks are like. If it rains just say no to R6's.

Boss1601 said:
I think you have some pretty nice car control. Very smooth on the steering. See a lot of guys sawing away.

I'm sure the Z driver had some pride hurt and maybe needs the paint on his bumper touched up.

I agree on missing the apex and over correcting. Though that might not be the root cause. I think he was checking his rear view mirror too much!
Thanks. I'm really trying to focus on being smooth and looking far down the track. Something I learned more about at the Ron Fellows school I attended earlier this year with Cloud9 and Moto. I don't think he scratched his car but he posted in the video comments that he has to replace both wheels on the right side as they are no longer true. :(

You guys are killing me. And it looks like he's an SCCA instructor too.

cosm3os said:
Demonstration of good high speed stability probably due to the lectronic dampers.
No electronic dampers on the Z. They have Multimatic DSSV dampers and they are not adjustable which plays to the singe focus of the car. Looks like sales are a bit soft but I'm not surprised with the focus of the car and the fact that you can get a well equipped Stingray Z51 that's almost as fast yet can easily be driven as a DD.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362978

I talked to the owner of the other Z that was there who was a very nice guy and respectful of the Bosses surrounding him. He commented on how rough the ride is on the street and he stated there's no way he would use the car as a DD. His had the optional A/C radio package where the car in the video did not. The owner also stated that the car is loud and he wears ear plugs while driving it or uses noise cancelling headphones. It didn't seem that loud to me but even I don't like my side pipes open on the freeway. One other comment he made was with the low forward splitter it scrapes on everything. Sound familiar?

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Poor GM now the Camaro is being recalled glad I bought a Mustang!

http://www.nbcnews.com/#/storyline/gm-recall/gm-recalls-half-million-chevrolet-camaros-key-fob-issue-n130426

If your knee is able to contact the key fob then you are sitting way too freakin close to a GM airbag that randomly goes off.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpL4VwhYSE8[/youtube]

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
cloud9 said:
I'm thinking Rick kicked a bee hive and you may see Randy Pobst showing up in a Z28 at a track near you this summer. ;)

Someone may get audited now since he's single handedly shifting the balance of power and the Fed may not get all their loan $$$ back from Bow Tie City now ! Stay tuned as THE DUFFINATOR purchases an F-150 and reeks havoc with a Chevy Silverado 1500 (the last bastion of profitability at Government Motors) and crushes their sales projections....

::)

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
5.0L Supercrew FTW!!! Get the 6.5' bed too, you can fit 6 mounted slicks, plus race ramps, jack, stands, tie down bag, spare rotors, spare hubs, Team Banner, canopy, 15l ice chest and tool duffels.
I got 13.9 mpg towing from NY to VA and back, total of 1060 miles. My Eco Boost did the same trip last fall and got 14.1 mpg. Over 100000 miles you would save 102 gallons of gas. $400 vs $1000 for the Eco option.
I like the V8 personally, less complication than all the Turbo related systems.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel