The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The "Officially Unofficial" 2012 Production Numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

These are the numbers that I have for REGULAR PRODUCTION 2012 Bosses. To my knowledge, I am missing one regular Boss.

It would be awesome if you could help us complete the registry by adding your info:

2012 BOSS 302

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=550.0

2012 BOSS 302 LS

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=556.0

Production%20breakdown-Dec%2023_Page_1_zpsvksqh3op.jpg
Production%20breakdown-Dec%2023_Page_3_zpsv05pui5u.jpg
Production%20breakdown-Dec%2023_Page_2_zpsivvrwu0t.jpg

PTRocks said:
This is where the numbers for released PRE-PRODUCTION will be posted.

Hello PTRocks:

You may have added my preproduction car already to your build list and if you have not it is PP0001. I also noticed that PP0003 has been purchased and probably added to your list already.

PP0001 is a Black LS model and was also manufactured in October 2010. Somewhere out there PP0002 must be hiding? I know where some MP cars are sitting for sale if anyone is interested and that includes MP002 which is a 2013 LS and was born on January 2012 and has approximately 3800 miles on it and seems to be in very nice shape.

Hey, two guys on Facebook Boss Mustang Owners Association claim they both own #1535 Yellow Blaze. Could that explain your "missing" Boss from production numbers?

I am one of those who claim to have Boss #1535. I have yet to talk to the other guy, so I can't confirm that we have the same number. I'll keep you guys updated.

"1535", who posted above, is my son (he is posting about our 2012 Boss 302, #1535). He just told me of this situation this morning, and it is kind of freaking me out. I haven't posted here in over a year, so I couldn't recall my username/password at first, and my son decided to create another account to post what we found. I since remembered my username and password, and here we are. Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions on what, if anything, we should do? Contact Ford? Or just let it slide?

YellowMan said:
"1535", who posted above, is my son (he is posting about our 2012 Boss 302, #1535). He just told me of this situation this morning, and it is kind of freaking me out. I haven't posted here in over a year, so I couldn't recall my username/password at first, and my son decided to create another account to post what we found. I since remembered my username and password, and here we are. Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions on what, if anything, we should do? Contact Ford? Or just let it slide?

Okay, situation averted, the other guy admitted a mistake, has #1523. Whew! Close one!

Back in Black said:
Pics of tag on intake with owners letter?

Man, first thing we did was we went out and checked our intake just to be sure we weren't wrong all this time!

I am still trying to figure out how the other guy got 1523 confused with 1535.

YellowMan said:
Man, first thing we did was we went out and checked our intake just to be sure we weren't wrong all this time!

Not sure how lol

BLAZN BOSS

YellowMan said:

Pretty sure it was an honest mistake.
Since it was me.

BLAZN BOSS said:
Pretty sure it was an honest mistake.
Since it was me.

Oh, I'm sure it was. The bigger thing here is that we both have great taste in cars, and we both picked the best Boss color ever.

Since I do not have my owners kit, purchased used. All I have is a window sticker, I know the kona blue has recaro and the Torsen rear end, but how can I find out if it was ordered with car cover or mats. When I purchased, it had regular mats, so I bought some boss mats and a car cover

raptor said:
Since I do not have my owners kit, purchased used. All I have is a window sticker, I know the kona blue has recaro and the Torsen rear end, but how can I find out if it was ordered with car cover or mats. When I purchased, it had regular mats, so I bought some boss mats and a car cover
The mats and cover will show on the window sticker.

The window sticker that I have, the one that I downloaded from ford, does not say mats or car cover. Does this mean that it's one of the 69 kona blue with only option 1

TMO Supporting Vendors