The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The People vs Winter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is good for a few laughs. ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xKy2lLNQYrI

This is sad, but true. With the exception of the guy jumping on the frozen swimming pool and the cows, I have seen every single one of those things happen with my own eyes, and many I have been personally involved in, like rolling a plow truck, getting nailed by sledders/skiers, spinning a car down an icy hill completely out of control, falling on my butt on the ice (more times than I can count). I once saw a bus slide down a hill, but it hit a line of cars instead of a pole!

In addition to the things in the video, I have buried a snowmobile so deep in powder that it couldn't be seen, fallen through the ice while ice skating, run into a car with my snowplow that was buried so deep in the snow it just looked like a snow pile itself, accidentally skied off a cliff, fallen into a tree well so deep I struggled for 15 minutes to get out (people die from this almost every year in Colorado), had my car blown completely across an icy highway and into the ditch on the opposite side, had my car slide down my driveway on the ice overnight and roll down an embankment, totaling it, been unable to get my car to my house for four weeks straight because of the seven feet of snow on my 450 foot driveway.

Good thing I haven't been wearing a body cam my whole life, or I'd be a a million hits on YouTube!

I tried Florida for a few years and couldn't take it.

Took the family to Florida to Disney back in the summer of 2000. TOO hot & humid for me. As I get older, though, these Ct winters are starting to wear me down. Wife is talking about retiring to Atlanta, Ga...might have to start doing my homework... :-\

302BOB said:
Took the family to Florida to Disney back in the summer of 2000. TOO hot & humid for me. As I get older, though, these Ct winters are starting to wear me down. Wife is talking about retiring to Atlanta, Ga...might have to start doing my homework... :-\
I was born and raised in CA and have never lived on the East Coast. I've been to most of the states on the Eastern seaboard and North Carolina sticks out as a place I'd live.

NFSBOSS said:
I was born and raised in CA and have never lived on the East Coast. I've been to most of the states on the Eastern seaboard and North Carolina sticks out as a place I'd live.

It sticks out as the place a whole ton of people would like to live, which is, ironically, its downfall, at least for me. NC now has 10,000,000 people, and is the ninth most populous state. If the demographic trends from 2010-2014 continue, NC will end up being the fifth most populous state sometime in the next 20 years, behind only California, Texas, Florida, and New York. I've spent a significant amount of time in all four of those states, as well as Georgia, which is neck and neck with NC in population, and sorry, but NO. When I retire, the last thing I want to deal with is masses of people, crowded roads, and low speed limits.

I'll take Utah, which, while growth is exploding, still has a long, long way to go before it gets that crowded.

In four months I'm retiring to southern Oregon. A little town of 8,000 people and a nice climate. Not too hot and not too cold. And, not many people. Lots of Boss roads to explore though!

TMO Supporting Vendors