The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

the Pin 5 ABS connector mod to fully turn off S197 traction control works

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Oklahoma
I made the Pin 5 ABS connector modification on my 2011 Mustang GT to permanently disable the traction control when on track. I ran at PBIR last night and can confirm it works. The traction control is fully disabled yet the ABS works fine. The mod involves breaking the CAN bus high signal line to the ABS module preventing the traction control module from instructing the ABS module to activate any of the brakes. I'll post a follow description of what I did to make the mod later.
Hope this works on my 2014 3.7 manual.😎

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Oklahoma
Hey, thanks for the write-up on the ABS 5 pin mod. I am having to implement it full time to keep my AdvanceTrac from trying to kill me on the street and track. I've got something that is causing my ABS Module to output a bad Longitudinal Accelerometer signal (bouncing 0-1G). Just wondering if you had ever seen anything like that? Replaced RCM and double checked the ABS Module on another car. They weren't the cause. Let me know if there is anything you can think of. I've got some more details in this Post.

Thanks,

Matt
Nice looking car!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel