The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Popo got me



3rd day out w the new Boss. Less than 150 miles to date in my SBY monster.

Just settling back into "cruise" mode from rev limiter and brake testing on the back country roads.

Short shifting downhill after a red light and Barney shows up going the opposite direction. I catch his gaze.

15 seconds later the gumballs are flashing in my mirror. I pull over immediately. Shut the car off so he doesn't think i'll try to run.

DL and insurance check. I pass.

His first questions after checking me out was: "How much HP are you pushing?" I think he just wanted to see the car. Turns out he is a Mustang fan from way back. Really nice guy. We must have talked for 20 mins. He loved the open side pipe sound. I invited him over when off duty to take her for a drive. We will see if he shows up.

My lesson? Adjust driving style to grandma mode. SBY sticks out in a crowd!
 
168
0
CO works the same magic here too ^^ ( even exactly at the legal speed limit I get the popo looks!)
 

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
5,410
3,897
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
There are a few Officers of the Law on this Forum and they definitely enjoy the Boss as much as the rest of us.

The car begs to go fast, so great to see so many taking it to the tracks , where it can really shine.

Fun story -- happened to me a couple of times in various cars, and wouldn't surprise me to see it happen while in the Boss.
 
I've been observed by the locals around my town where i haven't been exactly following the law but either they saw me too late or they looked the other way...I haven't got tagged yet...I know this luck can't last forever.....until then GIDDY UP..............
 
That's almost as good as when I had just purchased my 08 Bullitt and what I thought was a green light but instead was the left lane turning green I pull through the red light while there was a cop beside me and could not believe he never noticed.
 
badasbullitt said:
That's almost as good as when I had just purchased my 08 Bullitt and what I thought was a green light but instead was the left lane turning green I pull through the red light while there was a cop beside me and could not believe he never noticed.

Hah! I did that one time as well, a year ago or so. No cops but a lot of honking. Thank you for making me feel better by knowing I'm not the only one who did something that stupid ;)
 
302BOB said:
I've been observed by the locals around my town where i haven't been exactly following the law but either they saw me too late or they looked the other way...I haven't got tagged yet...I know this luck can't last forever.....until then GIDDY UP..............

I got tagged a lot when I had my '68. With the Boss it hasn't happened yet. Never got pulled over though.
 
I was next to a cop at the gas station Sunday, he asked me how fast it goes. I said 65 on the highway, 25 around town. He laughed.

Also I'm sure I mentioned it already but the day I took the baffles out I was doing a little horsing around with my bro and a cop came around a corner right while I was showing him what a burnout is. Cop pulled up next to me and gave me the thumbs up then took off.
 
I leave the muscle car guys alone and even tell them to get on it as long as traffic is clear and working nights its usually clear enough. As a cop in NYC I havent seen a Boss or many Mustangs at all in the city although I understand why as the roads blow and I never drive my Boss into Manhattan or the other 4 boroughs for that matter. There arent many cops who like cars and they will stop a muscle car just because its loud and seems like its going fast. Out of the 30 or so cops that I work with on the midnight shift there is only one who is into cars and owns an 05 Mustang GT and thats it. I will try and catch up just to get a better look lol. Working in Harlem I see more Bentley's than muscle cars. Always seems to be some kind of music producers or rappers.
 
TheMarco said:
badasbullitt said:
That's almost as good as when I had just purchased my 08 Bullitt and what I thought was a green light but instead was the left lane turning green I pull through the red light while there was a cop beside me and could not believe he never noticed.

Hah! I did that one time as well, a year ago or so. No cops but a lot of honking. Thank you for making me feel better by knowing I'm not the only one who did something that stupid ;)

I think I might of had my Bullitt all of 2 hrs and was just too excited and not paying attention obviously.
 
Hey Boss240, Thanks for giving your fellow high performance car owners a break. I know you know what the Boss is all about & I hope you can enjoy it's pleasures like the rest of us. Being a cop in NY can be nerve rattling...let your Boss be your "release valve".
 
302BOB said:
Hey Boss240, Thanks for giving your fellow high performance car owners a break. I know you know what the Boss is all about & I hope you can enjoy it's pleasures like the rest of us. Being a cop in NY can be nerve rattling...let your Boss be your "release valve".
No problem. I like all performance cars and they usually get a break as long as they are respectful. Being polite and respectful usually goes a long way for me. There are assholes out there that dont care and give everyone a ticket no matter what so be careful when you drive a little crazy.
 
When the officer approached, i gleefully said: "My first arrest in my new Boss!" I think that set the tone. He had to hold back a smile.

I agree with being nice. Law enforcement works too hard and are in too much danger day to day to be rude. They are only doing their job.

Thanks to our finest on the forum that give us a break when we are stupid.
 

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Moderator
2,848
13
Connecticut
Boss240 said:
I leave the muscle car guys alone and even tell them to get on it as long as traffic is clear and working nights its usually clear enough. As a cop in NYC I havent seen a Boss or many Mustangs at all in the city although I understand why as the roads blow and I never drive my Boss into Manhattan or the other 4 boroughs for that matter. There arent many cops who like cars and they will stop a muscle car just because its loud and seems like its going fast. Out of the 30 or so cops that I work with on the midnight shift there is only one who is into cars and owns an 05 Mustang GT and thats it. I will try and catch up just to get a better look lol. Working in Harlem I see more Bentley's than muscle cars. Always seems to be some kind of music producers or rappers.

Where were you when I was growing up in the Bronx ? ;D You guys have a tough job, especially these days. You're underpaid and overworked. Stay safe and make it to 20 years... And if you see a Black LS with CT plates going over the Cross Bronx to NJMP later this month, remember it looks like it's going faster than it really is ::)
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top