The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The R is on the move

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

departed Frog Pond, Il (I like the sound of that)
12:33pm

yes, the 'recent' calls screen on my iphone is full of 'Railcar Tracking' calls...and a couple to 'Home' ;-)

departed Mechanicsville, Iowa
3:02pm

so it's knocked out about 250 miles so far today...maybe it gets in a solid 500 for the whole day? That's a pace I can live with.
It's got about 2,000 more to go to get to Benicia, CA where it'll end it's train journey. Looking like it should get there mid-next week.

Fun Fact: Benicia was once the capitol of CA (it's third capitol, in fact, before finding it's final spot in Sacramento)

buland said:
@fuhrius do you live near Benicia? if yes do you know Specialty Sales Classics at [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]Gateway Plaza Dr?[/color]

I'm about 45 minutes from Benicia...I pass through there a lot heading to Tahoe, Napa, etc. I've seen that place but never been in. Porquoi?

departed Archer WY
2:05pm

~1,200 miles to go.
looks like it did about 800 miles in the last 24 hours.

Benicia by Monday at this rate?

fuhrius said:
departed Archer WY
2:05pm

~1,200 miles to go.
looks like it did about 800 miles in the last 24 hours.

Benicia by Monday at this rate?
Maybe. I remember once my Boss cleared the Midwest bottleneck it moved fast.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland
fuhrius said:
I'm about 45 minutes from Benicia...I pass through there a lot heading to Tahoe, Napa, etc. I've seen that place but never been in. Porquoi?

this is a dealer where my friend bought his 2 oldtimer Mustangs.
i was there twice on my trips to Tahoe last time from SF to old Sac to South Lake Tahoe.

TMO Supporting Vendors