The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The R is on the move

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VooDooBOSS said:
8). It should be at Benicia today!

I think so. It departed Bowman, CA at 8am this morning. Bowman is pretty close to you (it's just outside Auburn) which puts it only ~100 miles from Benicia. Is this really happening?!

It just rolled past my office here in Sacramento.

it has inexplicably stopped in Roseville. Rick? ;-)

but seriously, it did just pass through Roseville and is still chugging toward Benicia.

VooDooBOSS said:
It really wanted to hang out in the TMO garage but I knew you wouldn't like that so I sent it on its way.

left Davis a short while ago...at least the railcar did...we'll see if the car's still on it.

three words:

Arrived at Benicia.
10:45 am

My dealer's trying to get better visibility on delivery schedule to the dealer but, apparently, the communication with the delivery company isn't very good.

That's ok though as I've had somewhat of a calm cover over me such that a couple days one way or the other really isn't going to a big deal for me. (did I just say that?!)

Part of it is that I don't want to be a PIA for my dealer. They treat me so well that I don't want a bunch of fuss and hassle for them. And part of it is that the reality of getting rid of my Boss is just starting to sink in and, frankly, that makes me pretty sad. I know the R will be 'better' in nearly every way, but I have a very strong affinity for the Boss.

What a journey that's for sure. I'm jealous, at least you are oh so close. Mine's been delayed (4) times since October. I'm scheduled to be at VIR in late Feb and that was supposed to be the 2nd track event I would have had it for...if it were produced anytime close to the 1st (3) times I was told I'd have it in 2015, since ordering it in JULY!! Oh well....more track time in the Boss. I do want some cheese to go with my whine.

kona302 said:
Awesome that it is so close. Hope you get it soon. In regards to the Boss keep it if you can. I could and did. You'll be happy either way

my current plan is to sell it when my Focus RS arrives. In the interim, I'll have both stangs.

sound of fingers tapping....tap, tap, tap.

apparently, Benicia is quite backed up with cars (a symptom of a banner year for us car sales - with the SAAR running above 18M)...so I haven't gotten 'the call' yet. I'm confident that my dealer is doing what they can and I'm not going to be a PIA - except that I've demanded that the driver who unloads my car wears a protective rubber body suit and turns counter-clockwise three times while tossing salt over his shoulder and humming Himalayan prayer-songs before he even looks at my car. And I've supplied the dealer with a 20'x10'x10' plexiglass enclosure into which the R should be deposited. That doesn't sound too onerous, does it?

fuhrius said:
sound of fingers tapping....tap, tap, tap.

apparently, Benicia is quite backed up with cars (a symptom of a banner year for us car sales - with the SAAR running above 18M)...so I haven't gotten 'the call' yet. I'm confident that my dealer is doing what they can and I'm not going to be a PIA - except that I've demanded that the driver who unloads my car wears a protective rubber body suit and turns counter-clockwise three times while tossing salt over his shoulder and humming Himalayan prayer-songs before he even looks at my car. And I've supplied the dealer with a 20'x10'x10' plexiglass enclosure into which the R should be deposited. That doesn't sound too onerous, does it?

I would request a Tyvex suit, similar protection without the possibility of an rubber odor being imprinted into the interior. As for the enclosure, as long as the enclosure has some sort of internal frame you are good to go, a 10' wide spans of plexiglass have quite a bit of droop, which will be unsightly and distort the view of the car. Otherwise you are good to go.

Bay Area
This is like a diet. Almost there and that last couple pounds is taking forever. Good luck getting the call today. I'll help your drop off the plexiglass cover since I'm off today. :)

dealer received a '16 gt350 tech pack car (white / blue stripes) today that landed in Benicia Dec 31. OUCH. I may be waiting a while (longer).

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel