The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

FoxBody The Seaton Cam T Foxbody Build Thread Profile - Fox Body Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
North Iowa
Our first event in the car was last weekend in Lincoln at a local event. We won Cam T, second out of the the Cam cars and 14th Pax. The biggest win of the weekend was nothing broke and it made it through all of our runs. The car felt like riding a bull so we have a lot of dialing in to do but the car has a bunch of potential. Right now we have a 700ft/lb Front Spring. We are going to try a 900ft/lb spring and see how the car feels. Hopefully it makes the car more precise and stops it from flopping left and right throughout the courses.

4F0AC0A5-1610-4E6D-9D11-485565776BD2.jpeg

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
North Iowa
Our car is registered for the Spring National Pro Solo, Solo events. Looking at the entry list we have some tough competition to go up against. Thinking of possible things I can get done to the car from now and then is Aero. I’m thinking of ways to get the rear spoiler done. I have multiple ideas one of them is using the stock Svo rear spoiler/wing combo. It would be similar to other Cam mustangs with a flat piece extending up to max out the rules. We have one laying around can’t hurt to mock it up. Does the extra wing do something or would it look plain stupid? I do not think it would do that much extra but it’s a cool idea to utilize some factor foxbody aero. If anyone has ideas/pictures of what they did with theirs feel free to send some pictures of it my way!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Emery,
You may not be aware but there is a very " Famous " beast on here for years going by " Frankenstang " but it is an S197 done by " The Fabman." My little suggestion since yours is an older model, and you don't want to cause any confusion, is to rename your monster , " Foxy FrankenStang. " Heh, both of the machines are mean motor scooters, but there are a lot of old farts my age on this Forum and we get confused easily, ha.

Of Course if you decide to go with Foxzilla who could stop you, ha...............great runs and looking forward to seeing you and your Dad at future events.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
North Iowa
Emery,
You may not be aware but there is a very " Famous " beast on here for years going by " Frankenstang " but it is an S197 done by " The Fabman." My little suggestion since yours is an older model, and you don't want to cause any confusion, is to rename your monster , " Foxy FrankenStang. " Heh, both of the machines are mean motor scooters, but there are a lot of old farts my age on this Forum and we get confused easily, ha.

Of Course if you decide to go with Foxzilla who could stop you, ha...............great runs and looking forward to seeing you and your Dad at future events.
I changed the name after I found that but it stays at the top for some reason. Thanks!

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
North Iowa
Update on the Svo Spoiler idea. I’ve decided to not do it. I think we would lose a lot compared to if we did it the more conventional way. I do like the way it looks but function>form. I have started the process of making my spoiler so I will keep you guys updated!

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
North Iowa
Update: With the 900s on the front now we brought it out to our local Iowa Region event. The course was super tight it felt like the car was wider than most gates. Most of why it was that way was the breaking up surface that the region plans to fix. But it went super well. The car is way sharper. After morning runs I noticed the car wasn’t liking the bumps in the back so we softened our rear compression and it handled them way better. With the tweaks the car was able to Win Pax!!! First time with hopefully many more to come in the future. It’s feeling how I wanted and it’s only just getting started.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
Thanks, those pictures are great.

Update: With the 900s on the front now we brought it out to our local Iowa Region event. The course was super tight it felt like the car was wider than most gates. Most of why it was that way was the breaking up surface that the region plans to fix. But it went super well. The car is way sharper. After morning runs I noticed the car wasn’t liking the bumps in the back so we softened our rear compression and it handled them way better. With the tweaks the car was able to Win Pax!!! First time with hopefully many more to come in the future. It’s feeling how I wanted and it’s only just getting started.
Congrats on the top Pax

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Watching the way the Seaton Sled runs I can say with confidence that won't be the last time they lead the PAX Index. Hope to see the father and son team late in May for the Spring Nationals in Lincoln, Ne.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
North Iowa
Here’s the run from the past weekend. Sorry for the shaking on the camera. It was a small course for a big car. I had 2 clean runs all day but it’s all I needed haha. You can see the car behaving a lot better. I was told by some guys that it looks terrifying coming through the course 😂. After thinking more we are going to lower our rear roll center on our watts link to help the rear out over the bumps.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
North Iowa
We have gotten plywood for the front splitter so that and the spoiler is my job before we go to South Dakota for our last event before Spring Nationals. Along we that we are going to try 315 Yokohama’s on a 12 inch wheel in the back. Bigger tire will let us run less air and hopefully allow the car to soak up the bumps a bit better. My only concern with the big tires is that it will overpower the front and cause it to understeer. One way to find out! Another thing we did was lower our roll center 2 holes on our Fays2 watts link. With the lower toll center and big tires our car will be good in mid to higher speed but struggle with slow tight corners. Every setup is a balance but how much slow speed tight corners does nationals have haha. The event will be two days so day one we will run square 295 to feel what the roll center did and then day two try our 315s. One variable at a time. I’ll keep you guys posted!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sea you at Spring Nationals, emory some good mods coming and I expect a ton of improvement -- yep , you will get more of these puns if I am announcing at the race at the Spring Nationals .

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
North Iowa
First look of the Splitter under the car. Need to trim it into shape more and mount it on. But I’m super happy with how it looks. Going to start with it about 2 inches off the ground and see how it goes. We have quick release mounts so getting it on and off won’t be an issue.

BA845966-E682-4209-A914-46E3903DDEC0.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors