The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

FoxBody The Seaton Cam T Foxbody Build Thread Profile - Fox Body Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Absolutely great Father/Son story and you have to believe Grandpa was up there looking over their shoulders putting a little extra magic in that foot pedal. Emery and Dad won over a Camaro with carbon fiber everything as well as a motor rumor was had over 200 HP advantage over the Seaton Slalom Stang!
I took quite a few pictures of the Foxy Seaton CAMT, as well as some of the other TMO members which I will post later, but Kudos to Dad, who you will notice was the first driver just out of the trophies ----- but we fathers all know he got one of the best rewards any father could ask for.

Congrats Seatons!!!

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
North Iowa
I’m back! Now that Cam decided we like aero I have begun with some CAD (Cardboard Aided Design) of course. I decided to build my own after seeing company’s sell these things for $1000+. No money for that haha. The final design will be a little different than this but it’s a good start the main idea is there.

9119397F-2149-4A2C-A0E0-8752E53BFA88.jpeg

8C137AA3-DEF7-4EA4-9938-692A1B0798A1.jpeg

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Calling @AJ Hartman to give some input.
Looks kinda steep to me - I think you want to keep it around 7-9 degrees, though that may be in relation to the airflow instead of the ground, so you may be able to gradually increase the angle towards the back. Also, try to have the start as far forward as allowed by the rules. And you want to bring it much closer to the ground, using sliding skirts if you have a lot of suspension travel (if allowed). Any reason you're not making it as wide as possible?

If the cardboard mockup can be attached reasonably well to the car, you could tape a bunch of yarn pieces to it (aka wool tuft testing), point a GoPro at them, and do a test run.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
North Iowa
Calling @AJ Hartman to give some input.
Looks kinda steep to me - I think you want to keep it around 7-9 degrees, though that may be in relation to the airflow instead of the ground, so you may be able to gradually increase the angle towards the back. Also, try to have the start as far forward as allowed by the rules. And you want to bring it much closer to the ground, using sliding skirts if you have a lot of suspension travel (if allowed). Any reason you're not making it as wide as possible?

If the cardboard mockup can be attached reasonably well to the car, you could tape a bunch of yarn pieces to it (aka wool tuft testing), point a GoPro at them, and do a test run.
I was planning having a flat floor bit. It’s also high off the ground because Jack stands are all I could use to keep it up on the car and not just sitting on the ground. Mocked it up this one is around 10-11 degrees if I remember right. I agree it looks too steep. Was planning to test with the strings like you said to see if the flow stays connected. Thanks!

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
I was planning having a flat floor bit. It’s also high off the ground because Jack stands are all I could use to keep it up on the car and not just sitting on the ground. Mocked it up this one is around 10-11 degrees if I remember right. I agree it looks too steep. Was planning to test with the strings like you said to see if the flow stays connected. Thanks!
Be careful, how I interpret the rules is that flat floor is not legal. It says aerodynamic elements cannot go further forward than rear axle or behind front axle. Therefore anything in between the front and rear tires is not allowed.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
North Iowa
Be careful, how I interpret the rules is that flat floor is not legal. It says aerodynamic elements cannot go further forward than rear axle or behind front axle. Therefore anything in between the front and rear tires is not allowed.
Since the gastank/watts link will be in the way to get my diffuser all the way to the middle of the axle I am making a flat piece to the front of the diffuser from there. I would like to say how I think it is dumb to allow a diffuser but no flat floor. Make no sense to me.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Emery and Dad were back hammering the Fast Fox this past weekend in Lincoln , Ne. The Iowa father and son team signed up for the Pro Class for even more competition and Emery ended up 3rd overall in the PAX Index for Pro. With so many past National Trophy Winners and past National Champions , the Pro Class has become the largest Class at each of the Nebraska Regional Solo Events. The Class had 19 drivers listed , though one dropped out so the correct participants count ended up at 18.

The next largest Class was CAMC with 8, which was won by TMO member Auteaux!

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
North Iowa
Being at college now at ISU, it has been a minute since I have been able to make updates and posts to this thread. But that does not mean work is not being done to the Mustang! With a 2nd at nationals, a new list has been made to return to the top. Since my last post, I have put the diffuser on the car. It has made a marginal difference but watching the dust out the back it is making a difference. This winter the focus is on making the car more complete. We have some weird gremlins with suspension and feel that we are focusing on. Also looking at putting adjustable sway bars on the car and stiffening the chassis. More major projects are being acted on that might put the car down for a longer period. We will see how much we can do throughout the winter as we are not a million-dollar operation and see what comes up in the Spring. Sorry for my lackluster updates on this for anyone interested in the car. I will try to be better but I am busy.

TMO Supporting Vendors