The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Swan Neck Wing Is On The GT500

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Telling the story of a component through words is difficult. It takes a bit of wordsmithing to convey information in a way that is not only understandable, but interesting to read. It definitely presents a challenge when discussing highly technical components. Trying to highlight all the intricacies, discuss all the front-end design work, laying out the mechanical/performance considerations, and the list goes on. You can really get into the weeds. I have found that sometimes the best method is less words, and more detailed photography.
Flagship-ONE-GT500-Gloss-Silver-ENKO-13.jpg
Flagship-ONE-GT500-Gloss-Silver-ENKO-22.jpg
Flagship-ONE-GT500-Gloss-Silver-ENKO-28.jpg
Flagship-ONE-GT500-Gloss-Silver-ENKO-33.jpg
Flagship-ONE-GT500-Gloss-Silver-ENKO-14.jpg
Flagship-ONE-GT500-Gloss-Silver-ENKO-15.jpg
The Archetype Racing Spectre Wing is a project that Curtis and I began discussing early 2020. After much design work, CFD testing, phone calls, etc. it grew into something new. A swan neck design made specifically to work with the S550 platform. Swan neck design utilized to reduce drag and increase downforce. 72” Foil length that stops even to the door handles of the car. Upright height optimized to catch air as it flows over the roof. 18 degrees of attack with a completely new method of adjustment using what has been dubbed “The Magic Stick.” Mounting hardware meant to directly replace the OEM CFTP and GT350R contact points. A rear protrusion equal to the back of the bumper. The “Stiletto” wing mount support designed to transmit all the downforce through the body and not just the trunk. 3-D end plates designed to mimic the body lines of the tail-lights as they meet the rear quarter panel. Billet aluminum 3-D CNC machined uprights. Curtis gets the bulk of the design credit here as the level of engineering is beyond my capabilities. Our buddy Jay Dee deserves a mention for his contributions.
Archetype-Racing-Spectre-Swan-Neck-1-of-12.jpg
Archetype-Racing-Spectre-Swan-Neck-2-of-12.jpg
Archetype-Racing-Spectre-Swan-Neck-3-of-12.jpg
Archetype-Racing-Spectre-Swan-Neck-4-of-12.jpg
Archetype-Racing-Spectre-Swan-Neck-5-of-12.jpg
Archetype-Racing-Spectre-Swan-Neck-6-of-12.jpg
Archetype-Racing-Spectre-Swan-Neck-7-of-12.jpg
Archetype-Racing-Spectre-Swan-Neck-8-of-12.jpg
Archetype-Racing-Spectre-Swan-Neck-9-of-12.jpg
Archetype-Racing-Spectre-Swan-Neck-10-of-12.jpg
Archetype-Racing-Spectre-Swan-Neck-11-of-12.jpg
Archetype-Racing-Spectre-Swan-Neck-12-of-12.jpg
I could go on and on, but enjoy these instead. Hope I get to keep doing cool shiznit…..
Flagship-ONE-GT500-Gloss-Silver-ENKO-5.jpg
Flagship-ONE-GT500-Gloss-Silver-ENKO-18.jpg
Flagship-ONE-GT500-Gloss-Silver-ENKO-20.jpg
Flagship-ONE-GT500-Gloss-Silver-ENKO-25.jpg
Flagship-ONE-GT500-Gloss-Silver-ENKO-27.jpg
Flagship-ONE-GT500-Gloss-Silver-ENKO-30.jpg
Flagship-ONE-GT500-Gloss-Silver-ENKO-31.jpg
Flagship-ONE-GT500-Gloss-Silver-ENKO-43.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel