The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Switchup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greetings again all...

I previously mentioned I had to sell my '13 Boss due to a steep increase in my commute. I traded it in for a '14 Focus ST3. Love the mileage and it's actually a fun little car. While there's no comparison to the brute torque of the Roadrunner, the Eco 2.0 does a great job.

Now if I could only learn how to deal with this new fangled torquesteer...

photo_zps52d5e4a6.png

I've driven a couple of them and I like the ST a lot. A co-worker has one and I get to ride in it frequently.

I was told by an AutoXer running a Fiesta ST that the car uses the front brakes (one side at a time I am guessing) to make the diff transfer power to the outside wheel. Is that true? If it is then tracking with race pads might get interesting when you turn the wheel... Another software solution to cheaping out on a proper diff.

Edit: He said there was no way to turn if off, either. Not turned off with traction control, but they could also use it to slow the wheel that has no grip and transfer to the other. Just use a Torsen, Ford!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel