The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Third Pedal: On Track Experiences With The GT500 & GT350R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice well written article. So which one do you prefer today?

Great to meet you out at Sonoma! I wish I was in my GT350R that day instead of my Cayman, so I could have joined ion the FordFun. Terrific write-up on these two cars. I love the "tickled my inner child" comment... I totally get that! You've reiterated what I think is key at Sonoma in a GT350R... it is just plain fun to drive. Sounds like the GT500 will instill in you even more confidence as you get to know it and from what I have heard now from you and from other owners, you'll have to decide if you like that refinement better, or the 350R "rawness". BTW, I think you also met my friend Matt out there is his GT500 (Rapid Red Metallic). He is another owner of both cars and is having the same reactions you have expressed so well here.

TMO Supporting Vendors