The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Times They Are A-Charging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In the V6L
I've long held the view that if you want to reduce the carbon footprint of your gas guzzler, you should just buy two of them. Since you can only drive one at a time, it cuts your carbon footprint in half.

I was up visiting a pilot plant the other day that does something pretty interesting. Their plant takes in atmospheric carbon dioxide and electricity and produces a hydrocarbon liquid that's chemically similar to a mix of gasoline and diesel. They say that if they can get electricity for around 2 cents a KWH, their hydrocarbon product becomes competitive with fossil fuels. If this actually works, who needs electric cars?

My next door neighbor is an EE for Tesla. He said the Model 3 is better than the S in EVERY WAY. Might buy his high mileage S when he upgrades to the 3.
I like to hear that. I'm more excited about this than I thought Id be. Still have your Fusion plug-in and if so how's the mileage after a few years of ownership?

I like to hear that. I'm more excited about this than I thought Id be. Still have your Fusion plug-in and if so how's the mileage after a few years of ownership?

I do still have it and it's got 63k miles on it now. The mileage is pretty amazing. At 75 I get 40+ MPG. At 55 I can get 50+.

The real value to me is the psychological benefit of passing 10's of thousands of other cars a day on my way to work and back. No matter what I value my free time at, it more than pays for itself every month. Plus I live in the Santa Cruz Mtns with my own hiking trail in the backyard full of lions, coyotes, foxes, rattlesnakes, etc- and can be at work in Sunnyvale in 30 mins each morning. 35-40 mins on the way home.

The Tesla charging station at Stateline, NV is always full. I guess that's as far as they can get. I would hate to see what happens in the middle of Montana. I do see several Teslas in Bozeman regularly.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Interesting. And I thought the electric market would have to worry more about the big 3 for any real competition, even if only at some point in the future.

The revived Fisker/Karma Revero earlier this year and the Volvo all electric/hybrid by 2019 make it an interesting landscape.

A friend at work has an i3 and an i8, maybe he'll step up and get one of these!

My next door neighbor is going to get his Model 3 early next year when they roll out the dual motor version.

My 81 year old dad shocked the hell out of me. He said he put down a deposit on a Tesla Model 3. This is the guy who daily drives a 7.3 Powerstroke, and has half a dozen antique cars that belch smog.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
If battery technology, specifically recharge time advances. We may have a good electric car choice in the future.
Imagine being in the Florida Keys knowing your car would not carry you to safety without a recharge.
Fast, oh yea. Not a finished product yet.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel