The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Times They Are A-Charging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There are plenty of apps including Tesla’s that show charging stations. Here in NorCal they are everywhere. There are a dozen or more at my office and a couple at my wife’s. This will be my wife’s commuter car and with a 300 mile range it will be charged at our home 99% of the time. I have a Tesla level II charger waiting to be installed on June 6th.

There are plenty of apps including Tesla’s that show charging stations. Here in NorCal they are everywhere. There are a dozen or more at my office and a couple at my wife’s. This will be my wife’s commuter car and with a 300 mile range it will be charged at our home 99% of the time. I have a Tesla level II charger waiting to be installed on June 6th.
I was thinking along the lines of say planning a trip across country with an EV. This type of information would be required to plan a trip such as this. Most states do not have anywhere near the charging station distribution network that the state of Cali has. I would imagine your network station availability may be a result of your home state's environmental regs and requirements. This electric charging station grid here in the East is nowhere near as densely distributed to us here as what your have available in your home state.

The new Jaguar I Pace has an artificial sound built in and R&T actually likes it. As I'm driving our new EV I've been thinking it would be nice to have some engine sound. Maybe a nice Ferrari V-12 or the FPC sounds of the GT350. You would have to create it so it actually sounds like a real engine and not synthesized.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca.../?src=nl&mag=rdt&list=nl_rdt_news&date=061618

https://soundcloud.com/timstevens/jaguar-i-pace-incar-driving-dynamic-audio
Those sounds are hideous Rick. Here, listen to these 10 alternative sounds and see what you think.

LOL While I'm usually making my own F1 sounds similar to the third one the Jetsons would work. ;)
This vid is a hoot! I too like the Jetsons sound. Imagine someday an all electric car Indianapolis 500 with all the cars sounding like the Jetson car. Hard to get a grasp on this but it could happen someday.

This is the sound that sound engineers need to synthesize for all future EVs - the sound of the old F1 Cosworth Ford DSV engine. It's the sweetest sound ever to exist on the face of the Earth. Just listen. All the cars on the video had the Cosworth engine.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel