The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Times They Are A-Charging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not sure if I agree with this guys analysis but at least it's real world data from an owner with 150,000 miles on the car.

It doesn't take long to get used to it. Last week our Model 3 was at a service center and I had a Model S for three days. It was brand new and I really liked the more traditional dash in it. But I got back in our M3 and it was fine. My preference would be to have some instrumentation right in front of you. But it's clear driving a M3 that it was designed to be a fully autonomous car so when that happens there won't be a need for an instrument cluster behind the wheel. :eek:

I like the handling and vehicle dynamics of the 3 better. It’s smaller and almost a thousand lbs lighter. Feels more like a sports sedan. The S and 3 have over half their weight below the centerline of the axle so they both corner nice n flat. Ours is a 310 range model and the newer performance model is rated 3.3 seconds to 60 mph. The 75D I had last week is faster than our 3 so that was fun. Max torque is instantaneous so it’s fun to watch passengers have their heads bounce off the headrest when the peg the accelerator. That’s in both cars.

Tesla may be king of this Electric car rage right now, But once the other boys catch up, watch out! I hope I don't see the Muscle cars going down that road, but they may have to ....:(.....The Key is improved battery technology !!!!!!!!!! and charging availability!. Gas dealers are starting to get nervous...Opec, hold on to your turbans...............

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors