The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Times They Are A-Charging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm sure they are there if you look.Lexus and that type seem to appeal to lower Fairfield county right now...Also , if charging stations are around here, it's a well kept secret.............that you really have to need, to know about.

I'm on the east coast, barely two miles from a Tesla showroom. I still hardly ever see one.
Norm
Have you taken one for a test drive?

The federal incentive is the same everywhere and most states also have incentives. Some utilities and cities also have incentives. I received Fed, State, Local and Utility incentives with my purchase.

As the saying goes: news travels East to West and trends travel West to East.

To tell you the truth...A Tesla could drive by my house all day long and I wouldn't know it from any other car doing the same thing, except for a Stang, of course............I can tell a good Stang by the sound before I even see it!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I do see them here in Colorado but not nearly as often as I do when I working in California. A couple a day there is the norm but once a month here at home. How much tyme does it take to fill your tank with Petro? 5 minutes? How long to charge at a charging station?

I do see them here in Colorado but not nearly as often as I do when I working in California. A couple a day there is the norm but once a month here at home. How much tyme does it take to fill your tank with Petro? 5 minutes? How long to charge at a charging station?

Time spent plugging in my car? About 10 seconds. Better than 5 minutes at the pump, week in and week out.

Fat Boss. You are right. Not ignorant, arrogant. And yes, I have five vehicles. I would guess that puts us in a small minority, more vehicles than drivers.
It does prove my point. The EV is not a car which can replace the average fossil fuel vehicle for the average family. It does something’s well, others, not so much.
Food for thought, if you are one of the upper 10% or god forbid, one of the 1%. Do you even know what average is? From what I have read here, nope. I did a quick canvas of family and friends, none own an EV or know of anyone who does. Not scientific, I know. Just a snap shot of average Americans.

Hang on. You make an argument that an electric doesn't fit the bill because you sometimes drive 450 miles, then admit that you have 5 vehicles? Do you drive each of them that 450 miles, rotating among the cars/trucks? If not, you're not making much of an argument.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Time spent plugging in my car? About 10 seconds. Better than 5 minutes at the pump, week in and week out.

My brother in law has a model S and I love driving the car. I could even see buying one. I certainly have no problem with the EVs but my point was that it takes less that 5 minutes to fill my gas guzzlers. It might take ten seconds for you to plug in your EV but how long before she's fully charged or for that matter 50% charged? With or without the so-called super charger?

My brother in law has a model S and I love driving the car. I could even see buying one. I certainly have no problem with the EVs but my point was that it takes less that 5 minutes to fill my gas guzzlers. It might take ten seconds for you to plug in your EV but how long before she's fully charged or for that matter 50% charged? With or without the so-called super charger?

It takes a little over four hours to fully charge my car. 50% charge is probably about an hour and a half. I've only got down below 10% charge once, and typically get down to about 40% when I get home from work- 30 miles each way. If for some reason I want to drive further than 100 miles I simply drive the Shelby or F250.

A super charger on my Boss might work?.........maybe not..............

As someone who has a supercharged Coyote, yes it'll work quite well!

That may work now, with today's ratio of EVs to EV charging stations. But with more EVs you should expect that ratio to increase, increasing the likelihood that you'll have to wait up to half an hour or more just to get your recharging started. Since you'll have to keep tabs on the customer ahead of you, that half hour won't be 'free' time, to do what you please with.

FWIW, XenForo is pretty poor about sending out notices of reply.

Norm

Oh absolutely, once popularity grows I could see possibly having to wait longer for a supercharger.

I also could envision an electronic "take a number" type of waiting system for the supercharger so the wait time could be used more productively. Furthermore, I'd also suggest that the wait times of each supercharger station be shown (on Google maps) so you could choose which supercharger location to use.

The Kettleman City Tesla charging station is already impacted. It's approximately half way between Sacramento or the SF Bay Area and SoCal so it's very popular. Peeps drive the 400+ miles a lot and you see more EV's on I-5 making that drive than you'd expect. But more stations will be built.

https://www.tesla.com/findus/location/supercharger/kettlemancitysupercharger

^^^There's 40 supercharger spots in the above link. I can't think of many gas stations with this much capacity.

TMO Supporting Vendors