The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Times They Are A-Charging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I saw that. Maybe I should get one of those hammers you keep in our Tesla so you can break the glass. Got any suggestions?

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I have one similar to that. Is was a gift from my father-in-law that he gave one to every family member some fifteen years or so ago. I carried it in my Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Mountaineer but fortunately never had to use it. It now sits in my F-150 and is a nice piece of mind. Don't use it in my Boss because I don't want that thing flying around on the track.

I charged my Focus Electric at work the other day since I was going to put some miles on at lunch. Total cost for me to drive the 32 miles to work, at high speed, was $1.38.

My truck would have cost about $8 for the same one way trip to work, based on current ~$4/G diesel prices. My old Fusion Energi would have cost me about $5.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Paid $2.60 for the truck but 91 octane is running closer to $2.90. Paid $100 for 10 gallons of 100 octane a few weeks ago. My wife's '13 Ford Edge is getting close to 170K miles and now that she's retired, I'd like to talk her into a EV since her sales road trips have gone away but she won't settle for some cheap ass model. I keep telling her that she'd look hot in a 1971 Ford Pinto but she'll have none of it.

. I keep telling her that she'd look hot in a 1971 Ford Pinto
Throw a 302 Roadrunner in it and she make take you up on it. I remember guys throwing Vette engines in Vegas back in the day...they were fast but the cars didn't last too long...no control at all...................BTW...was the Pinto supposed to be a baby Mustang??????........:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sure seems like Tesla is carving a way to a new future in car driving/ownership..............I'll stay old school with my Boss, for now.....hard to believe I'm saying this................where does the tyme go?????????????

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
This is one of the nice features of owning a Tesla and a few other EV makers, you can receive software updates without going to a dealer.

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/05/0...atures-that-improve-safety-without-autopilot/
Didn't Tesla use that same method to eliminate the "back door" method of shutting off a couple of the nannies that a few people had found?

That capability makes me a lot uneasy, that a mfr could recalibrate most anything on my car without necessarily obtaining my permission to do so first.

Norm

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel