The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Times They Are A-Charging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

From my perspective this is a "big brother" issue. To me that ship sailed decades ago. I'm much more concerned about who's tracking what on my smart phone than I am with Tesla updating my car. Note I do not have Alexa or any other such device in my home. Tracking my smart phone is enough for me. :rolleyes:

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
From my perspective this is a "big brother" issue.
To me it would be a whole lot more like putting my car in for something like the airbag recall a while back . . . with there being some all-but-stated-in-print risk that the car could come back to me with its tune returned to factory stock or its alignment reset to factory preferred. Except that this over-the-air electronic approach would be far less costly for a mfr to utilize than anything that they'd have to pay a technician to do.

Norm

We received a big software update last night with lots of cool stuff. See screen shots below. During the past year we’ve owned our Tesla I’m unaware of any software update that we didn’t know about in advance. Tesla is very transparent about upcoming updates and I think you can opt out of the updates but I’ve never done so. The benefits FAR outweigh any potential negatives from the updates.

The bottom screen shot is for @302BOB

17111018-1C8A-44D2-AB29-A9A06ECD86B8.jpeg32B17E1B-CD75-4DB4-9055-C2119A3ECB3D.jpeg7692971C-DDD2-4A01-B68B-0359BEEB0AEA.jpeg0F6F8DD6-1DF4-42EF-A26F-1D22CB30CDA4.jpeg162440DB-CC16-4282-B43A-52EC54C45A5A.jpeg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I'm too old to be paranoid. Besides, if something fishy is afoot it would be the end of Tesla and even I don't believe they'd be that stupid. These days I find myself standing in the line of "Embrace new technology or get run over by it".

TMO Supporting Vendors