The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Times They Are A-Charging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The C-Max Energi has been good for me. I had well over 300k on my F150 Super Crew and needed a new car to call on clients.
I spin the tires and get 42.6mpg.
It has room for a tall man to wear a cowboy hat or a woman to have big hair, both are important in Texas.
I sell electrical supplies & automation equipment for a wholesale firm in Houston.
The tax credit, factory sale, and zero down-zero APR% made it a better deal than buying a new truck at the time.
I wanted the Boss then, but this was a more practical sales-mobile.(except when it floods)
I let a contractor I know buy my truck.
I knew that meant buying another truck and I am looking for a clean 7.3 Powerstroke.
I would like a 4x4 PowerStroke Ranger Hybrid Raptor, until we can go hydrogen. 8)

Here's an interesting article on the new Tesla Gigafactory in Nevada. Wow he has big plans and a big building!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-07-26/tesla-opens-gigafactory-to-expand-battery-production-sales

-1x-1.jpg

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
As soon as they build a car that is not limited to urban environments, I'll be a buyer.

Refuel is a hurdle they need to address. I regularly have 100-300 mile trips. Driving home near "Empty" is not a good thing.

Massive torque, a good thing.

Will it be an improved battery or battery swap stations??

Re: The Times Are A-Changing

CrossBoss said:
We have two 2016 Fusion energi's, plug in hybrids that we lease. They have both exceeded our expectations. We look forward to the next generation when we turn these in.

I dig my fusion energi. not as much as my shelby, of course...but poaching the carpool lane and preferred parking almost everywhere are nice-to-have's...along with free charging at work, of course.

That's cool. Are they for sale?

The hydrogen proposition is interesting. From my research it's a huge lie. It takes more energy (most likely fossil fuel based) to make the hydrogen than driving a gas powered car. See below. This is just one article but google it for more info.

"So if we put aside the spectacularly improbable prospect of fueling our planet with extraterrestrial hydrogen imports, the only way to get free hydrogen on Earth is to make it. The trouble is that making hydrogen requires more energy than the hydrogen so produced can provide. Hydrogen, therefore, is not a source of energy. It simply is a carrier of energy. And it is, as we shall see, an extremely poor one."

http://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/the-hydrogen-hoax

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
VoodooBOSS said:
That's cool. Are they for sale?

Yep, somebody bought and paid for the car. See the stickers on the bumpers? The allow the owner to drive on any carpool lane anywhere in California because they have a hydrogen powered car. I counted a total of only 21 hydrogen filling stations in California.

Mirai-for the person who has everything and doesn't give a sh*t what it cost to get something no one else has...

$57500 MSRP.

It's official. I just ordered a Tesla Model 3 for my wife (got on the waiting list). It states a mid 2018 order but I think we'll be lucky to see it at all in 2018. The main driver for this purchase is to get my wife a carpool lane sticker to make her commute much easier. I've driven and ridden in Model S cars and they drive very nice. So were taking our first step into the future.

https://www.tesla.com/model3

tesla-model-3-ultimate-gallery-5-e1486642299745.jpg

Last edited:
In the V6L
It's official. I just ordered a Tesla Model 3 for my wife (got on the waiting list). It states a mid 2018 order but I think we'll be lucky to see it at all in 2018. The main driver for this purchase is to get my wife a carpool lane sticker to make her commute much easier. I've driven and ridden in Model S cars and they drive very nice. So were taking our first step into the future.

https://www.tesla.com/model3

tesla-model-3-ultimate-gallery-5-e1486642299745.jpg

What? Was the Benz dealer sold out of the AA class cars?

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Now to really reduce your carbon footprint you'll have to limit your GT350 to 2,500 max RPM's on your track days!

Seriously though, I think that was an excellent choice for you & Wifie, and I'll bet it blazing fast off the line!

All the Best,
2HP

My next door neighbor is an EE for Tesla. He said the Model 3 is better than the S in EVERY WAY. Might buy his high mileage S when he upgrades to the 3.

TMO Supporting Vendors