The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Times They Are A-Charging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coz, Very interesting article........anything that will break us away from the way we are hurting ourselves and our environment today deserves some consideration to say the least.....Glad I got that safe emission system option with my Boss.....Just kidding....I think EV's are the next step to undo what's been done to our planet....I'm sure other things will evolve along the way.......if it was easy...anybody could do it.....:banghead:

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
An interesting article. The comments address the possibility of catching fire. The initial issue is the resources needed to extinguish a lithium fire. Apples and oranges.
It will be interesting to see what “Common Sense” measures will be needed to protect property.

EV is not going away. Use it to our advantage. We should start an EV and lithium related investment group so we can buy a fleet of high horsepower, ground pounding, gas guzzling, new up and coming GT4 Mustangs with our profits! I'll toss in the first 20 bucks. That's enough right?

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
This is more about brakes than EV but the developments here could definitely help in racing. The composite or phenolic backing plates could eliminate the need for titanium shims and prolong brake fluid life.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
One almost wonders if the Tire Companies are working to get folks to think Electric vehicles really need super special tires because of weight when we live in a land of heavy, AWD SUVs with similar weight characteristics. Makes one go hmmm, thinking Michelin, Goodyear, Cooper , Bridgestone, etc. just had a little brainstorm and found a logically sounding treatise to build EV tires ( heh, the article is very rational ) and make a new market niche. Sorry , I just find with all my friends with EVs, tires are not an issue, except when they run against us in an Autocross, as those damn Hoosiers hook up even more insanely out of the hole on a Tesla.

Good article, yet one wonders if we don't already have some tires that work quite well, though since Marketing and Sales should work together ( they don't always with big Companies ) it is a solid area to push for additional sales. Maybe I should buy some Michelin or Goodyear stock today, ha.

TMO Supporting Vendors