The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Ulitimate Boss!

5 DOT 0 said:
Tflong24 said:
This is off topic, but I tell you what, Dot 0 has the look the Boss should have came with suspension wise. The compression in corners looks even and the way most european cars look. Kudos to you.
Thanks. That's just off the shelf FR products. I'm sure someone in marketing wouldn't let the Boss team lower the car for some reason or wanted to keep it soft enough for the weekend cruisers. Whatever it was it's not too expensive to make the changes and if you want the upgraded dampers there's a large GT crowd waiting to buy your stock ones and that will mitigate a majority of the additional cost.

I've been following your mods along with some others that are similar on the forum and will do much of the same. Mainly springs, adj panhard bar and brace and maybe light brake upgrades. I won't make it to the track til this fall.
 
Tflong24 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Tflong24 said:
This is off topic, but I tell you what, Dot 0 has the look the Boss should have came with suspension wise. The compression in corners looks even and the way most european cars look. Kudos to you.
Thanks. That's just off the shelf FR products. I'm sure someone in marketing wouldn't let the Boss team lower the car for some reason or wanted to keep it soft enough for the weekend cruisers. Whatever it was it's not too expensive to make the changes and if you want the upgraded dampers there's a large GT crowd waiting to buy your stock ones and that will mitigate a majority of the additional cost.

I've been following your mods along with some others that are similar on the forum and will do much of the same. Mainly springs, adj panhard bar and brace and maybe light brake upgrades. I won't make it to the track til this fall.

The best mods you have are the white wing and grill and the removed sticker on the hood, makes me want a KB Boss to keep my PW company
 
CaliMR said:
The best mods you have are the white wing and grill and the removed sticker on the hood, makes me want a KB Boss to keep my PW company
Thanks!
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
CaliMR I think you are referring to the STS rear turbo kit looks like they havent come out with one for the 11-13 mustangs yet.
http://ststurbo.com/mustang_gt_twin_turbo
I personally dont like this kit. Just a mess of tubes running front to back. then the oiling of the turbos no thanks. and the intake filters are to low for me and in a section of the car that would see lots of road grime and dirt and would need constant cleaning.

I have the 2012 ford racing catalog and they have listed a long duration exhaust cam for the boss out. duration is changed to 290 from 263 and says long tubes are recommended to get full use of the cams. Still have the same lift of 13MM. I would love to see an article of this being installed on a stock boss then that same boss with full exhaust then a CAI.
 
Talked to Ford racing today said they are playing around with a supercharger will not be out for a while but would be nice to see what they come up with.
Ulitmate Boss will take me a while work in progress ;D
 
jeepinocala said:
Talked to Ford racing today said they are playing around with a supercharger will not be out for a while but would be nice to see what they come up with.
Ulitmate Boss will take me a while work in progress ;D
What type of supercharger? Any more info?
 
LindsayEOD said:
jeepinocala said:
Talked to Ford racing today said they are playing around with a supercharger will not be out for a while but would be nice to see what they come up with.
Ulitmate Boss will take me a while work in progress ;D
What type of supercharger? Any more info?

No more info just told me they are playing around with one but will have to go through alot of testing before they release it.
 
jeepinocala said:
LindsayEOD said:
jeepinocala said:
Talked to Ford racing today said they are playing around with a supercharger will not be out for a while but would be nice to see what they come up with.
Ulitmate Boss will take me a while work in progress ;D
What type of supercharger? Any more info?

No more info just told me they are playing around with one but will have to go through alot of testing before they release it.
Thanks for the heads up. Hope we get to keep the intake, somehow.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top