The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Ulitimate Boss!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

having read the post by Justin about the Ultimate Boss thread idea i decided to post up the question.

What would your Ultimate Boss be.

unlimited in Mods to the engine/suspension interior and the exterior.

ive touched on my ideas in other posts some but im still new to the new Fords so ill let some one stat this off with there idea/plans

steve

gremlinsteve said:
having read the post by Justin about the Ultimate Boss thread idea i decided to post up the question.

What would your Ultimate Boss be.
Besides the one in my garage this would be it.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=11687

M-FR500-B302S.jpg

I think my ultimate Boss would be the 302R, the upgraded version. Take out the roll bar, put the recaro seats in, with good belts, carpet, no back seat, cold air conditioner, and a killer stereo. I don't care about a heater,i never drive it in the winter anyway. Give me a vin number so i could drive it on the street. This is going to be a good thread.

lol

well, my ultimate boss would be a stock displacement engine. 13 to 1 piston motor. throw some more cam at it i think along with the long tube headers and a catless x pipe. re tune it so she can pull out to 8200-8500 range reliably.
engine oil cooler and a rear diff oil cooler. i think i would mount that cooler in the trunk and use a separate fan on it with a thermostat of course.
chromoly cage using 5 point harness and a mgw shifter.
shift light mounted some where on the dash.
a set of track only tires and wheels.
a r type suspension on the car also.
the tiger hood is needed as is the aluminum radiator.
lightweight bumper supports front and rear.
lighter weight brake rotors also
also the clutch from spec is a must. upgraded clutch lines ect.
onboard fire suppression system

im for sure its not gonna happen that way but that would be a fun lil car

Now that Ford Racing is selling the Cobra Jet cams, I'd love to see how the Boss responds to those cams + long tube headers + OR X-pipe + CAI + dyno tune.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Ah yes my turn

I would do a wiseco 351 block for it
http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories/engine/wiseco-k1-and-erl-join-forces-to-create-bigger-better-351-coyote/
have the heads hand ported with larger valves and drop in the cobra jet cams
the kooks LTs and there h-pipe that retains the side exhaust and magna flow comp cat back
t-56 xl conversion
carbon fiber Driveshaft
drag springs front and rear
qa1 double adjustable shocks in the rear and lakewood 90/10 struts up front.
upgrade the rear to a 9"
throw on a hellion TT kit twin 67's
have the stock rear wheels widened so I can run 335's but retain the stock look.
have MT make the tires to fit those wheels in et street form
centerforce DYAD clutch assembly
fluidyne rad
meizere water pump

thats all I can think of right now but its early in the morn lol

thats the FI boss I would build a NA version similar to that

Well, heavily intercooled turbos are a race proven concept. The Boss internals are pretty damned stout. Not a ton of boost, 6-8 lbs, massive intercooler, safe tune and race gas...hmm, could probably push 600 or so conservatively to the wheels and keep things relatively together for road racing. Balance the weight with savings up front, and that would work.

Tailpipe turbo like the 'vette boys were doing for a while, will help even out the weight ratio. Intercooler in front of the rear axle and meth injection ;D

CaliMR said:
Tailpipe turbo like the 'vette boys were doing for a while, will help even out the weight ratio. Intercooler in front of the rear axle and meth injection ;D

Now that is one hell of a thought, right there.

5 DOT 0 said:
gremlinsteve said:
so with that car you would not want any thing else done to it?
no long tubes ect?
Extra money would be spent on driving lessons. It's pretty fast right out of the box.

Agreed! Someone asked me what upgrades I was going to do and my reply was "first I need to upgrade the driver"! After a day at Thunderhill and a day at Laguna Saca with someone that's a FAR FAR better than I see I'm nowhere near pushing this car. I have a LONG way to go!

This is off topic, but I tell you what, Dot 0 has the look the Boss should have came with suspension wise. The compression in corners looks even and the way most european cars look. Kudos to you.

Tflong24 said:
This is off topic, but I tell you what, Dot 0 has the look the Boss should have came with suspension wise. The compression in corners looks even and the way most european cars look. Kudos to you.
Thanks. That's just off the shelf FR products. I'm sure someone in marketing wouldn't let the Boss team lower the car for some reason or wanted to keep it soft enough for the weekend cruisers. Whatever it was it's not too expensive to make the changes and if you want the upgraded dampers there's a large GT crowd waiting to buy your stock ones and that will mitigate a majority of the additional cost.

TMO Supporting Vendors