The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SN95 The Unicorn Build Thread Profile - SN95 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Louisiana
@RinerAuto

It’s all your fault.

@Frank.JD.Perez

I’m blaming you too.

FE7F5138-B9E0-4F71-9C07-24B9D906E9DF.jpeg

I don’t *need* a new hood but after staring at Riner’s hood and Frank pestering me to sell my Trackspec vents to buy Race Louver goodness….

I’m building a new hood 😆

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
NoLa in the wet? What were you thinking? Do you not watch IndyCar? ;)

Glad to see the car is nearly back together, and good to hear both the instructor and NASA stepped up to help defray the cost.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Louisiana
NoLa in the wet? What were you thinking? Do you not watch IndyCar? ;)

Glad to see the car is nearly back together, and good to hear both the instructor and NASA stepped up to help defray the cost.

Yeah!!!! You remember that shiznit show?? I knew what I was getting into and truthfully the drainage is better but not good.

Considering no one was under any obligation to do so, I am very fortunate the ways things turned out. I’m going to give him another try as my instructor. He lost the privilege to drive though. :p

Any care to guess what it cost to ship this package from California to Louisiana?

4D75FE1D-C7D3-4833-A4A4-F465C901DF35.jpeg

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Louisiana
Hmm... my rack has started to make a "clunk". Did you notice any early symptoms? Has it failed completely?

It needs to be rebuilt. I’ve picked up this OEM rack (SPR-KD) for now.

98CBFD16-E3E8-40AD-9A92-D0A8807D0ACD.jpeg

There were creaking noises that I attributed to all of the race parts and didn’t dwell on it. It got worse and worse until what you see in the video.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Louisiana
Finally returned to an autocross after a forced, month long hiatus. Got up early and made my way to the event.

9BC1FF3A-E96D-4820-B181-5C0CD162F9C9.jpeg

Passed tech, as usual, and readied the cameras. This course layout was great and I looked forward to attacking it.

655BC50F-2816-4206-B4F6-E156CF321553.jpeg

I took it easy on my first run to get an idea of the course flow. This is a quick course!!

As I readied myself to begin my second pass, I slipped the car into third gear. Needless to say it terribly bogged off the line. Undeterred, I kept attacking the course to find spots to improve. That starting line mistake cost me .828s on this run.

The third, and final, run of the day showed more improvement. This time, I was able to drop 2.315s from the previous run by being aggressive.

Lunch didn’t sit well with me so I opted to call it a day. I have work to do in preparation for the next event.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors