The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Yelow Blaze with White Stripe Boss is heading back to Canada

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I do have possession of it thou.
wow, nice pic of #0049 '12 YB and your '13 RR! do you have any pix featuring your '12 IS/LS along with the '12 YB? if so, please post.
can you clarify for me the real story behind how #0049 '12 YB ended up with white livery & roof. i've heard two explanations; 1) the original order was for a '12 Kona Blue BOSS302 but a few days later the customer returned to the dealership and asked to change the order to a Yellow Blaze but because of timing and a computer input glitch in the ordering system, the white livery & roof did not automatically switch to black. 2) '12 Yellow Blaze BOSS302s could be ordered with either black or white livery & roof as an exclusive option for Canadian Orders only but because it was not widely known, only one got built. ...or is there another explanation?
re anniversary celebrations, i feel the following yearly increments are the most special; 1st, 5th, 10th, 25th, 50th, 75th & 100th. this 50th BOSS Anniversary is once in a lifetime. hope transportation arrangements come together.

I don’t know the full story. I have found some orignal paper work from the Track Key install and am going to write a letter to the orignal owner. Hopefully he will want to see the car again and shed some light on the real story to me and the current owner. The story that I have heard from a few people who said they met the owner at car shows is as follows;

The car was a very early order, VIN number is 5200098. There was an option for a Yellow/White Boss in the Canadian Sales Brochure. The car was ordered as a Yellow/White car, so the roof was painted white, car was assembled and then the car went to the mod shop for striping and the code showed black stripes, as there was no white stripe option for Yellow. The dealer was contacted to see if the car was a sold unit or a stock unit. Because it was a sold car, it was striped white and shipped. The Canadian white Accent option for Yellow was deleted and no more where built.

Again, just what I have heard.

I've heard that same story many times dating back to when the order guide came out and the car was built.

I think that is the same boss that was at the 50th Boss reunion in Marysville, Kansas? The paint really "pops" as they say. Now they just need to remove those leaf spring extenders in the back to level the car....unless they are going for that 70's jacked up rear look.

Tim

I think that is the same boss that was at the 50th Boss reunion in Marysville, Kansas? The paint really "pops" as they say. Now they just need to remove those leaf spring extenders in the back to level the car....unless they are going for that 70's jacked up rear look.

Tim
No leaf springs on the S197, but I believe Ford was going for a "raked" appearance on the Boss.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I'd like to see the rear end lowered just a wee bit as the space between the front and rear wheels and the wheel wells looks a bit odd.

Planning on bringing my 2013 Race Red to the event. Should be about a dozen of us heading down, but I expect some plans to change. Looking forward to a fun weekend.

Didn't register the Yellow/White for the display as l am not 100% sure I can get it there. The owner is a little anal about putting miles on it, so we are trying to arrange transport.

Looks like the 2012 Yellow/White Boss 302 will be at the Ford Nationals in Carlisle on May 31st.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel