The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

THESE WILL PROBABLY BE MY NEXT SET OF TIRES........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLAZN BOSS

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Winter+240+Sottozero&frontTire=54VR9240SZXLV2&rearTire=835VR9240SZXL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2012&autoModel=Mustang Boss 302&autoModClar=

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I used these on my Audi TTS as I drove it through the winter, I think they are an excellent choice. Not as sticky in the ice as a top-end Blizzak but a real good balance of performance in winter dry weather while not bad at all in ice/snow. Since I was driving a Quatto it's hard to say how it would be with a RWD monster like a Boss - good luck with her in the snow !

they look good for the purpose of driving in low temps with fair weather (dry or rain), but not in mega snow type ( then again why would we drive in snow^^). I may join you next year getting a set of those, as its eating me alive to see my Boss sleeping for the next X months... :)

BLAZN BOSS

Thanks Guys, my Boss will NEVER see a snowy day...........or rain.........LOL.........these are so I can drive no matter what the temp outside is.

well mine also hasnt seen rain or snow, but in "good weather cold days " I would like to be able to ride it, and since its below 40 the stock tires wont do it ( or dangerously). so those seem like a good idea :)

BLAZN BOSS

Now just need to get 4 new rims like whats on the car.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
If you don't require race weight wheels then go with the ones from FRPP. Not a bad deal for $250 each and you keep the same design as stock (just black vs. red).

BlackFordRacingWheels.jpg

Some guys have also found 3'rd party wheels they like also, check the threads.

BLAZN BOSS

PeteInCT said:
If you don't require race weight wheels then go with the ones from FRPP. Not a bad deal for $250 each and you keep the same design as stock (just black vs. red).

BlackFordRacingWheels.jpg

Some guys have also found 3'rd party wheels they like also, check the threads.

I like them!...........I'm a shiny wheel guy anyway.................I wish my wheels now look like the ones that came on my 2008 GT/CS.

BLAZN BOSS

Not a fan of General tire co, Had them on 3 different Fords from the factory and my dad had them on his 76 elcamino..........nothing but problems.

TMO Supporting Vendors