The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Thickness of OEM Brembo brake pads when new?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA
athens7 said:
Sounds like a fun schedule. What do you think of Roebling? I have an opportunity there in March. Btw, if I hijack my own thread, is it still wrong? ;)

I think your thread is like your car - you can do whatever you want to it. ;)

Roebling is fast, and a bit technical but not overly. It is flat with a long straight in the front (it started life as a drag strip) and a series of sweeping turns in the back. The odd thing about it is that you can only get in or out of the park between sessions because you have to cross the front straight to get to the paddock area. Hooked on Driving has a lot of dates there during the year and it is a fun group to run with. I don't go there much because for me it is about as far as CMP, which I like much better. The track decals on my rear window (from left to right in my sig) are Roebling, Road Atlanta, Atlanta Motorsports Park, and Carolina Motorsports Park.

The front OE pads (at least on my 12) are made by Ferodo as p/n 4448 which is Ford service p/n 7R3Z-2001-A. Ferodo is a division of Federal-Mogul. I tried to get these via the aftermarket but are not available, as of yet. The rear pads are by Performance Friction. Doesn't change what you guys are talking about here, just FYI.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Rickshaw said:
The front OE pads (at least on my 12) are made by Ferodo as p/n 4448 which is Ford service p/n 7R3Z-2001-A. Ferodo is a division of Federal-Mogul. I tried to get these via the aftermarket but are not available, as of yet. The rear pads are by Performance Friction. Doesn't change what you guys are talking about here, just FYI.

That's weird. Those are the pads that my Brembo GT came with, and I think a Ferodo rear. My '12 Boss has Performance Friction front and back.

Grant 302 said:
That's weird. Those are the pads that my Brembo GT came with, and I think a Ferodo rear. My '12 Boss has Performance Friction front and back.
Are you sure you don't have that backwards? My Boss came with the Ferodo pads on the front.

If someone can confirm the Boss OE front pads were also offered as Performance Friction, does someone know that service part number or what this cross references to from PF? Couldn't post a photo here of the Ferodo pad, for some reason, couldn't upload a photo.

Rickshaw said:
If someone can confirm the Boss OE front pads were also offered as Performance Friction, does someone know that service part number or what this cross references to from PF? Couldn't post a photo here of the Ferodo pad, for some reason, couldn't upload a photo.
You need to use an external photo site and then link the photo here using the IMG tags.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
NFSBOSS said:
Are you sure you don't have that backwards? My Boss came with the Ferodo pads on the front.

Could be.

I am 100% certain:
I have PFC on the rear of the Boss, and a different pad on the rear of the Brembo GT, the backing plates are different.
The Ferodos were on the front of the GT.
OLOA Boss' OEM pads are Ferodo Front and PFC rear.

I thought I had a pic of the PFC# on the front pads. I might be wrong about that...

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel