The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Think I made up my mind...? How's this part list look?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well I keep changing my mind back and forth. Lol. This is the longest I've had a car without modding it! I was about to go ahead and get the full Cortex suspension and twin turbo kit and say screw it! WOOHOO!!! But the more it think of it I think I should just chill out and just keep it simple. I've had a few cars I've gone "stupid" with and they end up in the garage more than the road. I really want to enjoy my Boss on and off the track.

Which brings me to this subtle package. Would like to have it all done by the next few months. Will probably just order it all at one time as soon as its all figured out. I would like your guys and gals input as maybe something I forgot or really don't need. Thanks!

-WC Splitter
-BF Brake duct kit
-BF Tow hook
-SVT Fan
-Tiger Hood
-G-Stream wing
-18x10 SVE drifts with Continental slicks. Sizes??
-Lowering springs (Ts or Steeda)???
-Cortex upper control arms
-Cortex lower control arms
-Cortex Watts link
-Shelby 15" rotors and 6 piston calipers
-Shelby 13" rear rotors
-Track Pads
-CF driveshaft
-Airaid CF PJ intake (already have)
-Cat deletes
-AED Tune

save your money on the CF driveshaft. Not worth the EXTRA ca$h. Go aluminum.
Springs= T
You forgot the Blowfish Shifter bracket....IT'S A MUST HAVE ITEM!
Cat Delete...get the stainless steel ones
Just my opion, But if you only track your car a couple times a year for fun then the 15/13 rotors are not worth it. You could put that extra money into front supenion and tires along with safety gear....Roll bar/harness/seats/hans.

Are you going to track your car and if so how often? Also look at the Team Dynamics wheels that Blowfish sells. While a little more expensive IMO it's a better quality wheel. After you answer the my first question I'll opine on the rest.

Boss man- Thanks for the info.Think I'll go for the Aluminum DS then. Yep, forgot to list the blowfish bracket and Watson roll bar. I'll think about holding off on the 15/13 brakes but also look nice as hell IMO.

NFSBOSS- I should be on the track at least 6 times a year. But anyway I always like to push it a lil bit more towards track than street. I don't mind much NVH issues. That's why I think I'm going to go with the G-stream wing instead of the Steeda functional wing. Also think it will help out on the mile runs. TD wheels are seriously considered....

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Cobra700 said:
Boss man- Thanks for the info.Think I'll go for the Aluminum DS then. Yep, forgot to list the blowfish bracket and Watson roll bar. I'll think about holding off on the 15/13 brakes but also look nice as hell IMO.

NFSBOSS- I should be on the track at least 6 times a year. But anyway I always like to push it a lil bit more towards track than street. I don't mind much NVH issues. That's why I think I'm going to go with the G-stream wing instead of the Steeda functional wing. Also think it will help out on the mile runs. TD wheels are seriously considered....

TD wheels look good and they are very light highly recommend them...I have three sets of them

If you're serious about tracking your car I'd change a few items on your list.

I'm thinking about trying to put together a group buy on CorteX products so if you're not in a hurry hold off on this. More details to follow.

Use the P springs not T. The T's are designed for lowering a street car. The P's are stiffer and will work better on track. Or H&R race springs. If you're really serious I suggest the CorteX offset dampers with either Koni or JRi dampers. The SA JRi dampers should be available soon for about a $1K saving over the DA.

While the GT500 brake package is a nice step up from stock if you're serious go straight to a race caliper setup. The way the stock and GT500 Brembos mount can be problematic and both are cast. Look at Stoptech, Brembo race, APR etc.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=6570.0

IMG_3363_zps4320319e.jpg

I'd leave the Tiger hood and wing for last to determine if you really need them for what you're doing. The hood is mainly for aero and obviously the wing is too. Tires, wheels and brakes are the items that will make the biggest difference on your car so start there first.

I like the idea of a CF driveshaft for safety reasons but it is more $$.

Thanks for the info. Eagerly awaiting CorteX info. Maybe I will get the whole package then lol. Talked to Jon at Racers Edge as recommended by you and am very happy with what he had to say and very reasonable install and set up charge. Thanks!

TMO Supporting Vendors