The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Thinking about upgrading...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

www.jcmotor.com/used/Ford/2015-Ford-Mustang-cfb4d6a00a0e0ae717548d63119d6350.htm?searchDepth=9:20

What do you guys think?

I'm contemplating trading my 2010 in for it.

TBP

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

I'm a fan of new chassis so I vote yes. That price does seem high to me too.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
And that was a general 'yes' for me too. I'd also suggest looking at '16s instead. With the '17s rolling around, the price difference between '15s and '16s is relatively small. I'd suggest a track pack if you can find the right one.

Do the '15 models have the gen 2 coyote?

The performance pack is brakes and the torsen diff?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Ok, cool. I'm weighing the options. Do I pay off the $2500 I still owe on my 2010 and then just do a coyote swap on it or do I upgrade? Decisions, decisions...

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Personally, I wouldn't choose to swap when there are cars with the same body style that already have the coyotes in them. Prices between the '10 GTs and '11 or '12s aren't that different. In the end it would probably cost more to perform the swap, even if you got good prices on the coyote and sale of the 3V.

Good luck deciding.

Grant 302 said:
Personally, I wouldn't choose to swap when there are cars with the same body style that already have the coyotes in them. Prices between the '10 GTs and '11 or '12s aren't that different. In the end it would probably cost more to perform the swap, even if you got good prices on the coyote and sale of the 3V.

Good luck deciding.

If I do the swap I plan on upgrading a lot of the components powertrain wise.

The biggest reason why its looking like I won't be selling it is I would really like the extra $500 dollars a month I'm paying on it now.

That coupled with the fact that I can lower my insurance a little will allow me to save up for a newer drivetrain as well as upgraded stuff.

As always I appreciate your advice @Grant 302 and I will be sure to plan out the swap and keep an eye on the potential cost.

LERCH

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
LERCH said:
e9b0d08a75d1bde8edd7a049b040e0fa.jpg
Re: Thinking about upgrading...

Well, this happened today.

Now that's just badass.....don't tease us....post pix!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
LERCH said:
I will in the morning. It's dark here now

You're such a tease....

It's not a performance pack. The one pp car was a premium and was just too expensive. This is just a base with an awesome paint job.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel