The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Third Quarter Boss Sales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06, the number 1-800-392-3673 given by Jza1736 is correct.......sometimes when you call the person you talk to may not know all the information your seeking but call back another day and speak to someone else, it seems some know more than others.

Meanmud: I sent you a PM asking a couple more questions about your order and delivery date. Could you please reply when possible? Thanks!

*I called my contact at FCR and have not heard back from her......hopefully tomorrow will be the day of good news. If meanmud is 100% correct on his car, I truly pray mine is coming soon. Afterall, I ordered mine on 2-14-11! "Patiently trying to wait!" ;D

roywilk1960 said:
Being new to this, I have some questions...
Ordered Boss 3rd week of April, my guess is 3rd quarter build?
Any thoughts on when I might see it?
Welcome to BMO. A few things on this...when you order the car has no relationship to when it will be built. You dealer was allocated specific cars by quarter. You shouldn't have to guess your dealer should be able to tell you what quarter your allocation is. If they do not know ask them to contact their Ford area rep and find out. I suggest you get that in an email. Q3 cars should start rolling off the assembly line sometime in August so after that. Good luck.

roywilk1960 said:

Welcome to BMO.......I too have a 3Q car and what 5 DOT 0 is stating is true. We are wishing that production starts after the Fourth of July but know we should have something going come August.

It does suck orders do not get pulled as they came in but I guess that's what makes it a little more dramatic. Enjoy the forum and feel free to ask anything you'd like, the people here are full of information.

Has anyone heard rumors that FMC may discontinue the Boss once all 2012 orders have been completed? The rumor is law enforcement departments driving Chevy vehicles have filled complaints to FMC. The Chevys are unable to keep up with the Boss during a high speed pursuits. ;D

Don't know about that. But I heard highway patrol are going to start using 5.0`a again. BOSS 302 POLICE CRUISERS. Stock it will beat up on their souped up chargers

Accourding to this article, the Boss model will be made in 2013.......but it's possible the styling could be changed!

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/07/06/refreshed-mustang-coming-in-2013-next-generation-to-be-2015-model/

"and a redesigned 2013 Boss 302 will also be produced with styling resembling the 1970 model."

I wish I had as much info as you guy's (qtr build). Ordered mine Jan 24. Still no qtr assigned.
So obviously it will be a 4th qtr build. Which, i'm not sure what that means. Late 2012 or early spring? It's getting ridiculous!

Now driving #989, White with Recaro's.

Ordered at MSRP March 30
First ETA June 21
Second ETA June 28
Actual Arrival July 5
Delivered July 6 (almost exactly 14 weeks)

Impressions after 200 miles -
- great car, exceeds my expectations. I've owned a lot of cars, and this one is addictive
- Recaro seats are very comfy, wife is very impressed, maybe the best car seats I've sat in.
- exhaust is plenty loud, as delivered. Much louder and better sounding than any of the sound clips on line; not sure I'll modify the spacers;
- the side stripes are like heavy duty saran wrap without any glue. I removed them in 5 minutes, and the car looks gorgeous without them, much cleaner look, and stealthier.
- the back window has some serious distortions, will need to get Ford to replace it

Possible Mods -
- window tint
- maybe the LS gauge pack
- can't imagine at the moment how else to improve it.

blazer1 said:
I wish I had as much info as you guy's (qtr build). Ordered mine Jan 24. Still no qtr assigned.
So obviously it will be a 4th qtr build. Which, i'm not sure what that means. Late 2012 or early spring? It's getting ridiculous!

Call Ur dealer and ask him to contact his zone rep and find out what Quarter allocation they have. Tell him to email it to u. This way u will have confirmation that they have an allocation

roamer said:
Possible Mods -
- window tint
- maybe the LS gauge pack
- can't imagine at the moment how else to improve it.
Congrats roamer!
Window tinting made a big difference on mine. You should at least take a listen with your exhaust discs out, so at least you'll know. I didn't think I would leave them out, but man I got hooked on that growl at about 4000 rpm ;D (tap the pic to see the whole car if you're on an iPad)
cd8989ae.jpg

I gave up on my order placed 1/24! Reading posts of people stating they ordered theirs in March and theirs are on the way is ridiculous. Found my yellow blaze in NC for 1k over msrp. It turns out though, the total sale of vehicle will be 1k cheaper for me since I have family there, and that's where it will be registered (savings of sales tax from NC vs NY). Should be in my driveway by next week! My next step is to get my deposit back. If they give me any problems, and anyone is interested, they could take my allocation. All I want is my $1,000.00 deposit back. More on that later if that what it comes down to.

blazer1 said:
All I want is my $1,000.00 deposit back. More on that later if that what it comes down to.

I don't think they will give you any problem on returning the deposit. I had no problems getting mine back and the dealer was nice about it. Besides, you have a legitimate reason. It seems you have been quite patient.

Apparently there is a bit of this going around - a number of us sitting around waiting on ordered cars have recently found different ones sitting on dealers lots. I guess if you are the dealer, you want to make the sale and if the wait gets too long due to allocation issues, you just give the customer back the deposit. I hope it works out easy for you and more important - Congrats on the new Boss!!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel