The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Third Quarter Boss Sales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To take a thread from 5 DOT 0, I've decided to create one specifically for anyone who has a 3Q allocation.

Anyone who has a 3Q is like me.....doing nothing but waiting and having to read and hear all about everyone elses car. The good thing about waiting this long is we also get to hear about all the bugs those before us may or may not have.

If you have a 3Q allocation, post here and feel free to join me in talks of what we are waiting for. Please post when you've placed your order and any/all information you've received from your dealer about the delivery of your new dream machine!

I ordered my 2012 Yellow Blaze Boss 302 Mustang on February 14,2012 and have been patiently waiting. When I checked in with my dealer in April, the order had been placed but was unscheduled and on a material hold.

I've got to wait until this coming Friday (30 days) and I can bother him again for any or all updates on my car. I am looking forward to this thread and its comments/reply's.

GA
suprmn said:
I ordered my 2012 Yellow Blaze Boss 302 Mustang on February 14,2012 and have been patiently waiting. When I checked in with my dealer in April, the order had been placed but was unscheduled and on a material hold.

Ooooooh... a Boss owner from the future. Do you have an urgent message for us? ;D

PJWANNABE said:
suprmn said:

Ooooooh... a Boss owner from the future. Do you have an urgent message for us? ;D

Lol.....my bad! I of course wanted to say february 14, 2011!
Glad someone has a sense of humor, thanks for the chuckle.

Ah, the Q3 group therapy thread.

Hi, my name is Jimmy Pribble and I'm a trackaholic. :'(

This disease has taken all of my money and free time. It's terrible. But, despite being sober for many months, I ordered a Q3 Boss 302 on March 21 from Jordan Ford in San Antonio, Texas. My smooth-talkin' dealer promises me a free-base rush like no other, but I have to wait for the good stuff. He's shipping it in from out-of-state special.

Kona Blue
Recaro/Torsen
No delaer markings
No drilled front bumper cover
MSRP

The Boss will share duty with my 1994 Audi S4 as my daily driver. I will try to split the time to keep the miles down on both, with the S4 getting bad/wet-weather duty (not that we get much of that here in Austin). I already have a dedicated track car (Audi Coupe Quattro), but it becomes a big deal to take that car to the track, so I wanted something that I could just drive to the track, have some mad fun, and then drive home. When I heard about the Boss last August(?), it excited me like no car had in a very long time. I have kept watch ever since and when it was finally revealed to be the real deal, I scrambled to make the purchase.

Initially, I will get some track wheels, the brake ducts, and a HomeLink mirror. I want some gauges, but only if they can be done right. That's it. That's the beauty of this car - it is amazing right from the factory. I am an Audi man, so I am used to factory Rancho™ suspensions from the factory. Just like with Audi, they usually work great, but look like ass. I eventually get around to fixing that and all of my cars get suspension work. I will probably play with the factory setup for a long time, just to get a really good baseline for improvements in the future.

The plan is that eventually (probably 5+ years), the Boss will become my wheel-to-wheel racer.

For the record, I have owned two other Mustangs - a '66 and an '85. I liked both of those cars, but they left my care prematurely in weird and wacky ways, so I'm hoping the third time is a charm. I want to keep the Boss for a very long time.

I'm still working on my 4th step. Where is the coffee around here?

Jimmy

suprmn said:
To take a thread from 5 DOT 0, I've decided to create one specifically for anyone who has a 3Q allocation.
Enjoy the wait guys! I decided to buy a Boss on November 12, 2010 when I got to see one in person at the SacAutoShow after waiting since they were announced in August. I initially placed my order on November 19, 2010 so it's been a very long time for me. The worst part so far is right now knowing my VIN could come any day. I'm hoping to see my VIN within the next couple of weeks and hoped I might receive it last Friday. Once the VIN is here there should be some light at the end of the tunnel. I've been pretty patient so far and just wanted my car before the July 9th Grand-Am race at Laguna Seca so I could drive my car there. It's going to be tight but I'm still hopeful it will be here in time.

Jimmy Pribble said:
Kona Blue
Recaro/Torsen
No delaer markings
No drilled front bumper cover
MSRP
We have twins. I've mentioned to my dealer a couple of times already not to drill the front bumber to mount the license plate. He stated they never do that on special orders but I'll remind him at least a half dozen more times once I have my VIN. ;D

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Hi everybody.

I, like all of you, have a problem, impatience. I have ordered a Q3 Boss which needs to be here yesterday! Deep breaths. Ok, my car was ordered from John Bleakley Ford just outside Atlanta. Props to Vince for the contact info. It's a CO with black with both options. For MSRP. My dad has been working the order since I'm still in Italy and anticipated date of delivery is August/September.

I will be flying to Atlanta to pick up the car and drive it back to Jacksonville where it will become my summer/good weather car. My MINI Cooper S JCW will be my daily driver with the Boss also seeing some track duty.

As far as aftermarket treatment, there will be tint on the car, exhaust discs removed, trackey (duh!), and likely a HID conversion. A possible sound enhancement may happen as well.

Past that, a lot of fun will be had.

Sean

Jimmy Pribble said:

After reading Sean's mod list, I realized that I was a little lazy with mine. Okay, here we go:

Initial Mods
  • Window Tint
  • HomeLink Mirror
  • Exhaust Disc Delete
  • TracKey
  • Brake Ducts
  • Track Wheels (still shopping options)

Later Mods
  • Aux Gauges
  • Boss 302S Wing/Splitter (track only, so will use a second trunk lid)
  • Suspension Upgrade (specific enough for you?)
  • Brake upgrade (certainly will go to two-piece rotors, possible caliper upgrade)

Other
  • HID - I don't know. I thought I really wanted to do this, but it looks like to do it with factory housings (total OEM solution) is very expensive. Probably not worth it. I know there are cheaper aftermarket solutions, but I don't think I want to do that.

There. That is the depth that waiting has driven me to - making a ghey mods list. My BoZZ will be fastar than j00o!!11!! ::)

Jimmy

I ordered my third quarter Boss on March 28, 2011. The color, which was a difficult decision for me, will be Race Red with black stripes. The car will have the Ricaro seats and Torsen differential. I have given instructions to the dealer not to drill any holes in the front fascia, save all documents including the window sticker of course. The sales rep said they would leave all the plastic, stickers and such in place for me to remove, which is fine by me. I would just as soon wash it myself as well. I will be reminding them of the no-drilling order again. I have a 2007 Shelby GT that I waited seven months for so this will be a painful repeat of that experience. They do not expect to see the car until September at the earliest. At least I have the Shelby to drive this summer which will ease some of the anxiety.

SoDakMac said:
I ordered my third quarter Boss on March 28, 2011. The color, which was a difficult decision for me, will be Race Red with black stripes. The car will have the Ricaro seats and Torsen differential. I have given instructions to the dealer not to drill any holes in the front fascia, save all documents including the window sticker of course. The sales rep said they would leave all the plastic, stickers and such in place for me to remove, which is fine by me. I would just as soon wash it myself as well. I will be reminding them of the no-drilling order again. I have a 2007 Shelby GT that I waited seven months for so this will be a painful repeat of that experience. They do not expect to see the car until September at the earliest. At least I have the Shelby to drive this summer which will ease some of the anxiety.
Good luck with the wait and welcome to BMO.

Ordered my Boss back in March from Latham Ford. I was putting it off for a while because I flip-flopping on the color scheme between red w/ white stripes or white with black stripes.

I ended up with the white which I think looks clean and should more stealth, and it looks right on this retro-themed car. I optioned for the seat/diff package, cover and floor mats. My dealer didn't know anything about the trac-key, I am assuming this doesn't have to be ordered with the car?

The wait is killing me, but I am going to contact my dealer and see if they can get me an updated on production. I saw on the forums that Q1 production was a month behind so they were building Q1 allocations in Q2....

Congrats Cobra65 and welcome to the site! TracKey won't be available until this summer. It's an after-market tune from Ford Racing that your dealer will install. The cost is $302. Hopefully it will be available by the time you take delivery.

cobra65 said:
Ordered my Boss back in March from Latham Ford. I was putting it off for a while because I flip-flopping on the color scheme between red w/ white stripes or white with black stripes.

I ended up with the white which I think looks clean and should more stealth, and it looks right on this retro-themed car. I optioned for the seat/diff package, cover and floor mats. My dealer didn't know anything about the trac-key, I am assuming this doesn't have to be ordered with the car?

The wait is killing me, but I am going to contact my dealer and see if they can get me an updated on production. I saw on the forums that Q1 production was a month behind so they were building Q1 allocations in Q2....

White with black is very sharp. It was my second choice. I went with race red/black because I currently own a performance white with red leather and thought it would be more dramatic if I went with something different. Besides, red/black is pretty classic going back to the late '60s, early '70s and I grew up drooling over red performance cars with black racing stripes.....you'll love your choice.

Congrats Cobra65 and welcome to the site! TracKey won't be available until this summer. It's an after-market tune from Ford Racing that your dealer will install. The cost is $302. Hopefully it will be available by the time you take delivery.

Thanks for the info cloud9! I have seen video of reviewers messing around with the trackey, I wonder what the delay is??

The dealer was also nice enough to let me take out a brand new Mustang GT as I haven't tried out the new 5.0 motor, it was a lot quieter than I was expecting and didn't seem to have quiet the low end tq I thought it should (maybe just a mental thing because it was so quiet, my 335i is louder with a stock exhaust!). But it was a hoot to drive and I can't wait for my Boss with its tighter suspension and hand built motor :).

White with black is very sharp. It was my second choice. I went with race red/black because I currently own a performance white with red leather and thought it would be more dramatic if I went with something different. Besides, red/black is pretty classic going back to the late '60s, early '70s and I grew up drooling over red performance cars with black racing stripes.....you'll love your choice.

Thanks, I have seen some of the 2011 Mustangs in white and they are nice, that helped me make my decision ;D

I was also thinking about red/black (retro and badass!) but it is hard to find photos with that color setup, seems like all the press/review photos were with the orange/black scheme.

Looking into mods, I hear the stock audio system is pretty weak, thinking about upgrading the speakers but keeping the head unit for OEM look (this will be a DD in the summer and will require a radio when stuck in traffic).

I also need to invest in a radar detector, anyone have a good stealthy setup for the new Mustangs?

SoDakMac said:
They do not expect to see the car until September at the earliest.

SoDakMac.....I hope your expectations are wrong and we get our cars in August! If that 1st weekend in September comes and goes for me it will be yet another disappointment! I've got "tenative" plans to show the car off at the Sturgis Mustang Rally!!

But odds are you could be right on the delivery time. One can hope for the best.....afterall it's all we can do!

Well the dealer I ordered the car was not very optimistic about me getting the car any sooner than September but he might have been giving himself some wiggle room so I would not be bugging him from July on. I am heading to Sturgis as well and certainly hope I am driving the Boss out there. However, my backup car is the Shelby GT, which is running a Whipple 550 supercharger so it is a fun car in the Hills as well. If we both have our Bosses we probably will be sitting next to each other at the show and shine. Keep your fingers and toes crossed!

TMO Supporting Vendors