The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Third Quarter Boss Sales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

#989 was originally promised for early to mid September, but delivered July 6. I'm beginning to wonder if they will make 3,000+ "regular" boss's this year. Doesn't seem like there's enough demand. Also, the MSRP was increased about $150 from March to July.

stripedelete#1 said:
#989 was originally promised for early to mid September, but delivered July 6. I'm beginning to wonder if they will make 3,000+ "regular" boss's this year. Doesn't seem like there's enough demand. Also, the MSRP was increased about $150 from March to July.
I think they will fill the planned build. Ford is going to stop building GT500s after August to devote more plant capacity to the Bosses. Also, the build will last into 1st quarter 2012. I am seeing build numbers in the 1100's now and we are only 4 to 5 months into a 12 month build.

I have a third quarter car ordered in March and talked to the dealer today. He indicated all the info they have is a materials hold, which has been discussed here before, and according to their zone rep they build the cars according to when the car’s order was placed. Comments on this site do not seem to necessarily support that statement. Apparently, there is a magical build list somewhere known only to Henry Ford and a few select confidants and my car is somewhere on the list! The guy guarding the list is the same fellow who has the Coke formula and the recipe for Bush Baked Beans. I only hope the car gets here before the snow.

SoDakMac said:
I have a third quarter car ordered in March and talked to the dealer today. He indicated all the info they have is a materials hold, which has been discussed here before, and according to their zone rep they build the cars according to when the car’s order was placed. Comments on this site do not seem to necessarily support that statement. Apparently, there is a magical build list somewhere known only to Henry Ford and a few select confidants and my car is somewhere on the list! The guy guarding the list is the same fellow who has the Coke formula and the recipe for Bush Baked Beans. I only hope the car gets here before the snow.

I couldn't agree with you more! I ordered mine first part of February and was told by FCS that the car is still showing material hold! So I highly doubt its when you place the order.

Stay strong SoDakMac.....we 3rd quarter guys need to support each other..... ;D

it's really a combination of 3 factors. 1, what quarter did your dealer have an allocation 2. when in that quarter does his zone rep pick him to get an allocation built 3. for the bosses built that allocation week when was your order placed.. although you can see that the date of the order probably only effects it by 1 to 3 weeks not by months within a quarter

As you may know, mine was ordered Jan 24. I gave up and found one on Autotrader. There are dealers on Autotrader that are reasonable, unlike ebay. I gave up on my order only because after almost 6 mos I had zero info. Called FMC directly as many of you did and they couldn't give me anything. They told me if I give you a build qtr, I could be lying. Even if they told me SOMETHING, I would of stuck to w/ my original order, but there was no light at the end of the tunnel. Material issue was also one of the reasons I was given.

What was your build date?

stripedelete#1 said:
Now driving #989, White with Recaro's.

Ordered at MSRP March 30
First ETA June 21
Second ETA June 28
Actual Arrival July 5
Delivered July 6 (almost exactly 14 weeks)

Impressions after 200 miles -
- great car, exceeds my expectations. I've owned a lot of cars, and this one is addictive
- Recaro seats are very comfy, wife is very impressed, maybe the best car seats I've sat in.
- exhaust is plenty loud, as delivered. Much louder and better sounding than any of the sound clips on line; not sure I'll modify the spacers;
- the side stripes are like heavy duty saran wrap without any glue. I removed them in 5 minutes, and the car looks gorgeous without them, much cleaner look, and stealthier.
- the back window has some serious distortions, will need to get Ford to replace it

Possible Mods -
- window tint
- maybe the LS gauge pack
- can't imagine at the moment how else to improve it.

It seems to me that FMC could/should have filled the orders for people that were some of the first to get on board, instead of shipping unsold cars to dealers. I can see both side of the coin, business and allotment commitments, etc., but it sure would be nice to see a big company think about the customer first for a change.

I am probably oversimplifying, but still .... The guys (and ladies) here waiting for their cars are the base, committed, loyal Ford customers. Some good old fashioned sense should come into play here.

I know what all of you are feeling. I ordered mine in Jan and just got it July 5th. it's well worth the waite. all i can say is to keep dreaming and it will come. Once the windor sticker comes up you will not sleep,you will check with FCS every other day to see movement. once it's past it's build date you will keep checking on when it will ship. once shipped you will be totaly nuts untill the dealer calls when he has it. Then you will need to get off work,find someone to take you down and once you see it all will be good. once its home you will not sleep,when you do you will dream abought it. you will not want to work because you will just want to spend time with it. When you driveit all you will do is smile. when home you will just sit look at it. This is how it works for me, I just came it to check on line and toget other cole one to go back out and sit and look at it. good luck to all.

BossLS

How do you check on the window sticker and all? I assume this is only after you have gotten your VIN? If there is a link to such stuff can you post it please?

Thanks!

your dealer will give you your vin# once you have it the window sticker will come up in a week or so. once the window sticker comes up it will be a week or so to build. once built it should 4 weeks to delivery. that is how mine went. atached is the site to put your vin number into. http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/windowsticker.aspx?vin=1ZVBP8CU3C5230282. the vin the the atachmnt is mine, just remove mine and add yours after the = sign. good luck. Order Jan 2nd. Vin number May 24th. Window Sticker June 1st. built June 8th. delivered July 4th. home July 5th.

stripedelete#1 said:
Now driving #989, White with Recaro's.

Ordered at MSRP March 30
First ETA June 21
Second ETA June 28
Actual Arrival July 5
Delivered July 6 (almost exactly 14 weeks)

Impressions after 200 miles -
- great car, exceeds my expectations. I've owned a lot of cars, and this one is addictive
- Recaro seats are very comfy, wife is very impressed, maybe the best car seats I've sat in.
- exhaust is plenty loud, as delivered. Much louder and better sounding than any of the sound clips on line; not sure I'll modify the spacers;
- the side stripes are like heavy duty saran wrap without any glue. I removed them in 5 minutes, and the car looks gorgeous without them, much cleaner look, and stealthier.
- the back window has some serious distortions, will need to get Ford to replace it

Possible Mods -
- window tint
- maybe the LS gauge pack
- can't imagine at the moment how else to improve it.
How about some photos with the stripes removed.

You are right, I understand how the system works.
That being said, I have been told be 4 dealers that there has been a problem with supply on some front suspension parts from Japan. They told me it was holding up production of Mustangs in general.
My local dealer had no idea about a time line.
Kinda like having one to drive before the end of summer

Boss Ls said:
I know what all of you are feeling. I ordered mine in Jan and just got it July 5th. it's well worth the waite. all i can say is to keep dreaming and it will come. Once the windor sticker comes up you will not sleep,you will check with FCS every other day to see movement. once it's past it's build date you will keep checking on when it will ship. once shipped you will be totaly nuts untill the dealer calls when he has it. Then you will need to get off work,find someone to take you down and once you see it all will be good. once its home you will not sleep,when you do you will dream abought it. you will not want to work because you will just want to spend time with it. When you driveit all you will do is smile. when home you will just sit look at it. This is how it works for me, I just came it to check on line and toget other cole one to go back out and sit and look at it. good luck to all.

Yup :) Don't forget tracking the journey on the train :)

Window sticker link:
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1ZVBP8CU6C5200001&ref=VL

Obviously use your own VIN. Window sticker is usually available one week prior to production.

98RedGT

2012 #552
Good to know I am not the only one waiting and waiting and waiting.

I ordered my 2012 Yellow Blaze Boss 302 on February 12, 2011. Got all the options you could on the standard Boss for a total price tag of around 43K. It took a while to settle on the color, especially since red with black was eliminated right away due to my 98 GT. I have seen couple of Yellow Blaze Boss 302s at the dealerships in the area (300 mile radius) by making special trips to make sure this is the color I wanted. The color combination looks incredible, but anything looks good on the Mustang.

My dealer still does not know when he will receive my Boss, all he has been told by the Ford rep is second half of 2011. Reading a lot of the posts on this thread that is starting to sound more and more true. Perhaps the dealer is not giving me the run around. I contact the dealer on monthly basis and as soon as he gives me the VIN it sounds like the process is closer to completion. Hopefully his next reply has my VIN in it.

Has any 3rd Quarter Allocation Owners taken delivery of their car or heard of a delivery date? If you have taken delivery, what is your number?

I'm just awaiting news of a VIN........waiting and waiting!

TMO Supporting Vendors