The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Third Quarter Boss Sales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah baby!!!!! after 7 months of waiting (ordered 12-17-10) I have gotten a VIN # and a date of Aug 8th and delivery of Aug 21th I can hardly wait to get in that LS, I hope it is worth the wait!!! ;D

pac10 said:
Yeah baby!!!!! after 7 months of waiting (ordered 12-17-10) I have gotten a VIN # and a date of Aug 8th and delivery of Aug 21th I can hardly wait to get in that LS, I hope it is worth the wait!!! ;D
Congratulations but don't hold your breath on that delivery date. Rarely does the first ETA get met.

It is ok,as long as i know it is coming and it will be sooner than later. After 7 months another week or two is no big deal. ;D

pac10 said:

Congrats on getting your VIN, I am quite envious!! What is the Aug 8th date, shipping day?

Great news! My ETA has changed from 4 Aug to 1 Aug. THREE days sooner!!! However, it is at ramp 51 –bummer. It is being shipped by Auto Alliance. How do I start tracking it after it leaves Flat Rock?

Not sure but I am thinking that is the shipping date and the second date is arival date at the dealer but not certain, but will get more info in a week i guess

pac10 said:
Not sure but I am thinking that is the shipping date and the second date is arival date at the dealer but not certain, but will get more info in a week i guess
first is the build date, second is the ETA to the dealer. ETA to dealer approx. Build date usually correct onece it is scheduled. Just remember it takes about a week from start to finish for build. and congratulations on getting that much closer to owning your boss.

TheBlues9108 said:
Great news! My ETA has changed from 4 Aug to 1 Aug. THREE days sooner!!! However, it is at ramp 51 –bummer. It is being shipped by Auto Alliance. How do I start tracking it after it leaves Flat Rock?
Congratulations!! Mine is also moving along nicely. Build date was originally June 7... but the order in currently showing "in production". I have an ETA of ~August 10. Cant wait! I also would like info on the tracking process post production ;D

The status of my CO/B as of 6:57 A.M. this morning is on Ramp 5P. She did not have a rail car number but gave me Route # of RA02. What is Route # RA02? Is it being loaded on a rail car? My ETA is 1 Aug.

Thanks for any info.

My Boss has been setting on ramp 5P for several days. FCS said they may be out of rail cars but she was not sure. She also said about it being delivered by truck D11 but she did not know if is going to be delivered by rail or convoy. Does anyone know if they are out of rail cars and what is truck D11?

The waiting is killing me.

Hmm... I just called FCS. The status of my vehicle went from 8-10 ETA to 8-4! I dont have a rail car number but FCS said Auto wharehousing has it. I would imagine it is still setting but may leave today/this weekend and actaully show a week early!!

Oh how I have waited for this moment, I now have VIN and an ETA for August 22nd (however my dealer still is estimating early September, maybe just so I don't get my hopes up).

I saw a link on here a while ago of where to check the VIN for status updates on Ford's site, anyone know where I can find that (the search on the site has failed me)?

Stats:

performance white, black stripes, car cover & floor mats and totally badass :)

Ordered: 3/29 from Latham Ford in Upstate NY
VIN received: 8/3
ETA: 8/22

I am so psyched for this car and I hope all you Q3 folk get your VINs soon!!

Mine was unloaded off the rail car this early this morning and is waiting to be shipped to the dealer. I should have Friday night or Saturday. I drove 90 miles this afternoon just to look at it through the fence in the rail yard. It was the ONLY Boss in the rail yard. It is beautiful even not PDI! Call me crazy but I could not wait another second to see it.

suprmn said:
SoDakMac said:
They do not expect to see the car until September at the earliest.

SoDakMac.....I hope your expectations are wrong and we get our cars in August! If that 1st weekend in September comes and goes for me it will be yet another disappointment! I've got "tenative" plans to show the car off at the Sturgis Mustang Rally!!

But odds are you could be right on the delivery time. One can hope for the best.....afterall it's all we can do!

Suprmn - Well, time is closing fast on SMR and I do not even have a VIN for my Boss yet. I have resigned myself that the car will not be here in time for Sturgis so I will be shining up the Shelby for the trip out west. If you have gotten your car let me know with a PM or a post.

After ur cars have shipped you can call your dealer and ask for the rail car number. If they are helpless, like men was. You can call FCS 1-800 392-3673.
With a railcar # you can track a CSX Transportation railcar, as follows:

Call CSX (1-877-744-7279) and then pick option 5 for railcar information, then option 3 for locate, which connects you to the TouchTrace automated tracing system. Once connected to TouchTrace you say "location". It’ll then ask you to speak the railcar initials (letters only) and then the numbers. Next say “done”, and the system will look-up and report the latest location information it has for the railcar.

Well i have good news and bad news. The good news my LS is 70 miles away in a rail yard and should be at the dealer in a day or two scheduled to be there on 8/24/11. Now for the bad news the dealer now is trying to get me to pay 12,000 over MSRP even though they took my deposit over 8 months ago on 12/17/10 and told me it would be MSRP but now think they can get more so I might have to tell them to pound sand and get a 2013 from a dealer that is not a piece of S**t but what do you expect from a greedy dealer here in California. One good thing is it my work out for me since they are changing some things including the colors and strip, also found that there are some good dealers out there that don't do things like the one I'm dealing with now. If anyone knows of dealers in California that sale at MSRP please let me know thanks

TMO Supporting Vendors