The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Third Quarter Boss Sales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLAZN BOSS

did you fill out and sign a buyers order?...........if so the price of the car and the balance due is there..........will hold up in court anyday...........

I recieved a vechicle order confirmation sheet with the break down of what I ordered plus the price of each item and a total base plus options and a total price of 48,465 and was assured by the internet manager that, that was the price of the car and that is what I would pay minus any incentives or rebates at the time the car came in. They also stapled my deposit reciept that was taken by the dealers sales manager to that confirmation sheet but it did not have the total minus the deposit , they also gave me a DORA Report with my name on it as well as the same price on it. They are just a bad dealer and after looking up their BBB report it reflected that they have many complaints for their sales practices so it is their way of doing business so we will see tomorrow.

pac10,

I would scan all of your documents and email Ford's customer service with your problem and paper work, then follow up with a phone call to Ford's customer service.

If that doesn't go anywhere, look around on the internet and see if the dealer posts on any of the mustang/ford forums. Crappy PR gets attention.

Kyle

Pac10

You have a binding contract with the dealership! Did the dealership give you any signed documentation with the VIN? Did they deposited you’re your check?

I would talk the GM or owner of the dealership. Be very adamant with them; tell them you EXPECT the dealership to honor your contract with you for the agreed price.

If not tell they you plan to file a law suit against them and the car will set at their dealership until the suit is settled. I would emphasize to them it may be the only 5 year old “new” Boss at their dealership.

Stand your ground; do not give them a penny more than the price on your contract. They will cave in but it may take a few days.

I am sorry you are having so much trouble. Good luck!

I bet your will be driving your Boss by this weekend!

Warren

There was a case in town here recently where someone walked in and negotiated a price for a Boss in stock, got it in writing, then went back the next day and the price went up. He went to Customer Service here in Canada, and Ford honored the price. He bought a car at that price from another dealer of his choice.

Thanks everyone! the car is still not at the dealership I called FCS today and it is still at the railyard they said it should be there in the next 2 days we will see. As far as the price of the car I have not talk to the dealership since they told me the price would be over the MSRP price I ordered it at. I will stick to MSRP if it comes to sueing them I don't believe I will deal with that to much of a hassle. I have been in touch with Rick the sales guy in southern California some of the other members have bought cars from at MSRP. He works for a good dealer with no games. I'm on his list for a 2013 so I believe that is the way it will end up going plus it will give me extra few months to pay off my other toy (2010 harley road glide custom). I have also been watching the sale of the bosses for sale on ebay and see that the price and bids have slowed a lot since the rumors about the changes of the 2013 came out. So it might work out better for me in the long run. So we will see and I will keep everyone informed. Thanks again!

HEY EVERYBODY!!!!....When I ordered my BOSS back in April, the sales guy said it was a 4qtr allocation with an eta of late August/September, which didn't make any sense, since the 4th qtr starts in October. Well, I'm not complaining about those petty details anymore....He called today with my VIN number which means I have a 3qtr build after all!!!!!! The build date is the end of this week & the ETA is September 19...railcar to New Jersey then truck to Ct.....GLORY HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!

suprmn said:
To take a thread from 5 DOT 0, I've decided to create one specifically for anyone who has a 3Q allocation.

Anyone who has a 3Q is like me.....doing nothing but waiting and having to read and hear all about everyone elses car. The good thing about waiting this long is we also get to hear about all the bugs those before us may or may not have.

If you have a 3Q allocation, post here and feel free to join me in talks of what we are waiting for. Please post when you've placed your order and any/all information you've received from your dealer about the delivery of your new dream machine!

I ordered my 2012 Yellow Blaze Boss 302 Mustang on February 14,2012 and have been patiently waiting. When I checked in with my dealer in April, the order had been placed but was unscheduled and on a material hold.

I've got to wait until this coming Friday (30 days) and I can bother him again for any or all updates on my car. I am looking forward to this thread and its comments/reply's.

I ordered mine on July 14th (actually they ordered it the day before via phone conversation (told them the color that I wanted and that I wanted the car cover) and I put my deposit down on the 14th). I had to wait until 08/03 to get my VIN. It was built on 08/17 and orginally scheduled for delivery on 09/06. Ford Customer Service later told me that the delivery date was moved up to 08/30 (tomorrow) but my dealer told me it is still sitting at ramp 51. I don't know who to believe. So six weeks and counting since the date of order. I guess I may have to wait a few more days.

Have you received your VIN yet? If not, I would push the dealer for more information and have them show you the order sheet.

Good luck on geting your BOSS. You are a very patient man.

Well here isd the up date. First to let you in on what type of dealer I was dealing with the car was delivered on the 24th or 25th like FCS said it would but they still was telling me it was at the rail yard and that was on the 26th so they are not all knowing but pretty close and try their best to help and be there for people, so no problems there. Now for the dealer, the car arrived like I said on the 24th or 25th and was put on Ebay and autotrader that day no call no nothing the only way I knew it was at the dealer is because I saw it on Ebay and then on the autotrader web site friday night after work. No call this weekend no contact at all so when in today at lunch and told them I wanted my deposit back. They asked if we could work a deal out and I told them not unless it was at MSRP like it was ordered at and told it would be. He said that was not possible because they were turning offers of 20,000 dollars over MSRP away (which is total B.S.). I told them they better take it because there is 15 on Ebay right now and nothing that is newly listed being bid of MSRP and the last one to sale at no reserve was two weeks ago before all the info on the 2013's and it went for 3,000 over the sticker. So to finish the story I got my money back and will be getting a 2013 from a real dealer. By the way it was LS #426 and it is on ebay right now with 4 bids at $47,100.00 been at that price since the first day for 5 days it is in north hollywood CA stay away from this guys! they suck by the way it is on autotrader for 25,000 over MSRP good luck everyone with your new cars have fun and be safe. Hopefully I will have one soon!!!!!

GA
pac10 said:
Well here isd the up date. First to let you in on what type of dealer I was dealing with the car was delivered on the 24th or 25th like FCS said it would but they still was telling me it was at the rail yard and that was on the 26th so they are not all knowing but pretty close and try their best to help and be there for people, so no problems there. Now for the dealer, the car arrived like I said on the 24th or 25th and was put on Ebay and autotrader that day no call no nothing the only way I knew it was at the dealer is because I saw it on Ebay and then on the autotrader web site friday night after work. No call this weekend no contact at all so when in today at lunch and told them I wanted my deposit back. They asked if we could work a deal out and I told them not unless it was at MSRP like it was ordered at and told it would be. He said that was not possible because they were turning offers of 20,000 dollars over MSRP away (which is total B.S.). I told them they better take it because there is 15 on Ebay right now and nothing that is newly listed being bid of MSRP and the last one to sale at no reserve was two weeks ago before all the info on the 2013's and it went for 3,000 over the sticker. So to finish the story I got my money back and will be getting a 2013 from a real dealer. By the way it was LS #426 and it is on ebay right now with 4 bids at $47,100.00 been at that price since the first day for 5 days it is in north hollywood CA stay away from this guys! they suck by the way it is on autotrader for 25,000 over MSRP good luck everyone with your new cars have fun and be safe. Hopefully I will have one soon!!!!!

Good for you for sticking to your guns. If the 2013 changes are a big hit your chances of finding a 2013 at MSRP will probably be slim though.

PJWANNABE said:
pac10 said:

Good for you for sticking to your guns. If the 2013 changes are a big hit your chances of finding a 2013 at MSRP will probably be slim though.
I have to to disagree. IMO the economy is the major factor in how many go for over MSRP. Even the 2012s are available at MSRP if you car to look hard enough away from large cities. If you think about it, if our economy was as good as 2006, there would probably be bidding wars and guys like me wouldn't be able to pay to play.

TMO Supporting Vendors