The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

This Looks Like The Place. New '13 B302 For Me. Only 1150 Miles, RR Pics and ?'s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Randy M said:
Actually I might just leave it on now. I like the look of the Boss 302S grill better but the Roush grill supposedly flows up to 40% more air. Guess these cars tend to run a bit hot and would rather have the car run a cool as possible.

Am curious about this airflow number. Is this 40% more airflow with the Roush vs. the standard grille or the 302S grille? My '12 has this 7 billet Roush Grille and there's little doubt the airflow is better but I've never saw any published numbers. Can I ask where you read or saw this number?

Well I got the windows tinted and now I'd like to take some of the rake out of the car with a set of springs. Been reading a lot here and elsewhere about FRPP springs, P,K springs, LCA's, panhard rods etc etc etc.

What I'm looking for is to keep my stock Tokicos and get FRPP springs that are specific for the Boss 302. Most likely I need an adjustable panhard rod to center the axle. What's the benefit for LCA's, and did I leave anything out? Not looking into getting camber plates as my car will not see too much track time. I need some advice lol.

Randy M said:
Well I got the windows tinted and now I'd like to take some of the rake out of the car with a set of springs. Been reading a lot here and elsewhere about FRPP springs, P,K springs, LCA's, panhard rods etc etc etc.

What I'm looking for is to keep my stock Tokicos and get FRPP springs that are specific for the Boss 302. Most likely I need an adjustable panhard rod to center the axle. What's the benefit for LCA's, and did I leave anything out? Not looking into getting camber plates as my car will not see too much track time. I need some advice lol.
The factory LCAs use rubber bushings and will flex under load. If you've done any hard launches you've probably experienced some wheel hop. Race quality LCAs will use either a urethane bushing or spherical bearing with a heavier steel arm. If it's not a dedicated track car, get the urethane bushings if you're going to upgrade. The FRPP ones are the most popular and don't break the bank. If you're lowering the car with T or P springs, you'll want the LCA relocation brackets as well. I have found using the lower of the two holes works better with the P springs. I'm not sure how much +/- the T springs are than the P but am guessing you'll want the lower hole.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=10918

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=13112

TMO Supporting Vendors