The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

This would be cool to have

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLAZN BOSS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2012-FORD-MUSTANG-BOSS-302S-/250967424891?pt=Race_Cars_Not_Street_Legal_&hash=item3a6ed2ff7b#v4-36

Don't let Gary see this.

Sweet machine! Love the color on this beast. What does the 302S weigh?
On a side note, I was wondering if Ford made the intake tube without the soundtube bung....WOW, not even the 302S gets such a thing (yes, I see that it's capped off)....guess I'm just wishing for too much...just wanted to tidy up the engine compartment a bit.
BOSS2664

808Boss said:
Looks Awesome! How many 302s cars are they going to make?
They made 50 2012s. I believe they announced the 2013, but I can't seem to find it. Unbelievable car, but no license plate makes it hard to justify for me since a day not driving a Mustang is less than perfect ;) I guess maybe it's time to get the wife to approve a 4th Mustang :p

Gary,

Not sure if you are serious or not, but that is a great buy. That car originally went on the internet in July for 100,000 and keeps coming down. Here’s a video they posted of it, so it has been driven.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8l3K-KvVJQ&feature=fvst[/youtube]

I think it has the 3 way adjustable suspension upgrade which is worth a few grand. If you are really thinking about it, you should come checkout mine.

They only made 31 S models this year. They are planning on 50 for next year but look for a price increase. I think they ended up putting a lot more stuff on these cars than originally planned which is why the price is going up.
Here is the 302S link on their website

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=11687

Notice the price has already gone up and that’s not final!

From the site…

IMPORTANT! Pricing shown is only Directional at this time. Final pricing will be announced at a later date. Final pricing will be FOB from point of manufacture. Shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer

I don’t have a lot of experience in different cars, but from my point of view, this car is amazing! You can make yours into an “S” eventually, but I think you would end up spending more than 75 grand. BUT, you can do it at your (and your budget’s) own pace.

Some additional costs that you might run into are another seat, a race clutch and 18in. tires and wheels.
The stock seat is awesome but small. I sold mine and got two Sparco Pro ADV seats for almost the same price as one Recaro. Ford should offer a size option on the Recaros. <<<MARK!!!

I keep telling people I've never been happier with a purchase that I have made.
I love this car!

No, I meant I wonder how long it will be available. Yep it's a very good value for a race ready car. Initially when they announced them I thought about going that route, but ultimately owning one (especially in this part of the country) was too hard to justify. I got 18 track days in last year and felt like I was lucky to get that many in during a 6 month season.

cloud9 said:
808Boss said:
Looks Awesome! How many 302s cars are they going to make?
They made 50 2012s. I believe they announced the 2013, but I can't seem to find it. Unbelievable car, but no license plate makes it hard to justify for me since a day not driving a Mustang is less than perfect ;) I guess maybe it's time to get the wife to approve a 4th Mustang :p
The plan was to make 50 but I'm not sure that made that many.

TMO Supporting Vendors