The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Thoughts on my lower mesh grille/Blowfish Racings tow hook combination

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swiss Boss said:
I think you can make the opening a little smaller. Like 5"wide and 3/4 deep.
The little mark you see by the left on the second picture is where the grille will be approximately located.

As far as the design goes, both models look good to me.

I can make the opening any size you want. What you need to be sure about is what size opening you need with the bumper cover on as my grille sits tight in the opening. Best way to measure IMO would be with bumper cover on. Then just measure from the top of the opening to the bottom edge of the hook bracket where the ledge is in the opening. Width would be also in the area where the ledge in the opening is. My grille sits tight to the edge of that ledge in each side corner and in the center.

GA
06mach1 said:
Both versions will be strong. I think I probably over weld them now! As far as the holes lining up, if you didn't get one of the first 20 or so, I think the mounting holes should match up. They may even match up close enough with that first ones built as I only change the hole location by about an 1/8 of an inch. With the grilles now, I build each grille separately by hand, but I do drill the hole in the same location on each grille.

Cool. I think I got one of the 2nd batch.

06mach1 said:
I can make the opening any size you want. What you need to be sure about is what size opening you need with the bumper cover on as my grille sits tight in the opening. Best way to measure IMO would be with bumper cover on. Then just measure from the top of the opening to the bottom edge of the hook bracket where the ledge is in the opening. Width would be also in the area where the ledge in the opening is. My grille sits tight to the edge of that ledge in each side corner and in the center.

That how I measured it. I had the bumper on, make a little mark on the tow hook as to where the grille will be located, removed the bumper and measured it.
As for the depth, the tow hook sit pretty tight against the upper opening. 1/8" max. between the tow hook and the upper opening.

Swiss Boss said:
That how I measured it. I had the bumper on, make a little mark on the tow hook as to where the grille will be located, removed the bumper and measured it.
As for the depth, the tow hook sit pretty tight against the upper opening. 1/8" max. between the tow hook and the upper opening.

Ok, sounds good. I will make the opening 5" x 3/4". Should have then welded up today.

Here is what one of the almost finished grille looks like. Just needs powder coating.

zgjh.jpg

Going to sell them for $185 shipped. Once I know the dimensions are correct, I will make some more if anyone is interested. Swiss Boss and Grant 302 are going test them out.

06mach1 said:
Here is what one of the almost finished grille looks like. Just needs powder coating.

zgjh.jpg

Going to sell them for $185 shipped. Once I know the dimensions are correct, I will make some more if anyone is interested. Swiss Boss and Grant 302 are going test them out.

Looks good. Can't wait to try it :D

PS : I just send you a PM with my info.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel