The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SN95 Throttle issues (dies)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Minnesota
Hello, I'm Randy Hayes and I'm new to the group and am in need of some help. I have a 04 with a PBH Coyote swap I bought out of FL, the car is great and I'm getting SCCA ready but I'm having a throttle issue. The former owner installed a auto-blip and it came with a tuner from PBH. The problem is when I really get on it the throttle dies and will not go above idle until you restart the car. PBH does not do programing anymore and this one was from a swap in 2014. I have contacted Ford Performance and they have not heard of this before. When the auto blip was turned off in the beginning it would not do this but over the summer of converting it the problem happens every time, I drive it. A full prep race car is street legal on county roads, right? ;)

PXL_20221012_165316141.jpg

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Minnesota
In the spring that was the first thing I was going to do next. I also have read that a variation of voltage to the throttle can cause this fail. I was hoping to run into someone that already had this happen. Thank you for the input and have a great day, thanks Randy

Thank you for the advice I will do that. If it's set up right do they like them? Thanks Randy
Yes they do like them, where in Central Florida are you? Kohr motorsports is in Daytona, if you are on the Tampa side try a guy named Tony Forte, at Forte's classic in Pinellas Park.
Spring? In Florida?
We have 2 seasons, summer and hell.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Minnesota
Yes they do like them, where in Central Florida are you? Kohr motorsports is in Daytona, if you are on the Tampa side try a guy named Tony Forte, at Forte's classic in Pinellas Park.
Spring? In Florida?
We have 2 seasons, summer and hell.
Hello, I bought the car out of FL I live in MN. Just got 14 inches of snow, thanks Randy

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel