The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Thunderhill May 23-25th Who is going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I love driving TH when it's 100+. It was 108 this day.

No AC is no big deal on track. Have to have the windows down anyway. Unless you are trailering the car, then the trip back and forth from the track is going to suck.

OnGrid looks to require long sleeve cotton shirts. So in-car is going to be toasty warm.

Bay Area
Today (Sunday 5/24) wasn’t as hot as predicted. It was 85 + or - with a nice breeze. Met @Vadim and his daughter today, nice to meet you guys. I had a good day although a lot of black flags thrown and it seemed like a lot of people forgot how to drive and have track etiquette. but maybe they forgot after a 3 month time out from track days. You guys doing the Monday event have a good time.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Today (Sunday 5/24) wasn’t as hot as predicted. It was 85 + or - with a nice breeze. Met @Vadim and his daughter today, nice to meet you guys. I had a good day although a lot of black flags thrown and it seemed like a lot of people forgot how to drive and have track etiquette. but maybe they forgot after a 3 month time out from track guys doing the Monday event have a good time.
How did they handle the driver meetings? In order to keep social distancing protocols in place on track day, the last few events I've attended had virtual drivers meetings on Zoom a few nights before. The concept is great, however I think the first timers and greener novices miss out on some of the critical information, leading to some really sketchy beginner groups. Not a big deal as I usually run intermediate, however car count was low enough at the last event they ran two groups, combining beginner/intermediate. I quickly asked to move into advanced!

Bay Area
@67GTA the group meeting was sent out via email and a DocuSign was completed. The novice group had a meeting outside in an open area with masks on. Each group had a mandatory download meeting after their 1st session, with a mask on and 6 feet apart. If you didn’t attend, you didn’t get a sticker on your windshield to go back out. But we had a red flag 5 mins into our 1st session and people just didn’t want to stop. Luckily, it was just a blown engine and some fluid but people didn’t take it serious enough IMO. So I think the mandatory meeting should be Zoom or on-site.

First, thank you again to @byronj for helping my daughter.

Last couple session went much better than morning, so it seems that everyone just need to get back to driving. I thought that in person download session could be handled better from social distancing perspective but it was not bad (person running it didn't have mic, so everyone had to come closer to hear him). I think my main complain was about number of advance drivers in lower groups, but I think people signed up for what they could find.

Vadim

Had a great day today!
My homemade splitter holded very well!
Went also 4wheel off and still good
Most important
Did my PB by 2 second with 100°f!
Aero package works!
It was soooo hot.
Did overheated a little again.
Cht at 240f
Oiil at 260-275 wich is acccectable but the computet and the algorithm doesn't know i have a oil cooler. So the dashboard said oil temp =HIGH (after warm and normal)
But again 100F

Next
Side vents
Better hood vents
Bugger womd plates
Front splitter diffuser

20200525_134445.jpg

20200525_141711_HDR.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors