The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Thunderhill WEST

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Get ready, boys...

I hope this is ready prior to Summer 2014. :)

Thunderhill West has been APPROVED! The Glenn County Planning Commission unanimously voted in favor of the new track extension! Construction is slated to start IMMEDIATELY. Thanks for all of your support!

1147653_10151564442717344_821976030_o.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
PJWANNABE said:
Cool. Thunderhill is on the list of my future "West Coast Tour".

When you planning to execute that? I'll be ping-ponging around various Cali tracks June/July next year.

GA
ArizonaGT said:
When you planning to execute that? I'll be ping-ponging around various Cali tracks June/July next year.

That depends on how much my student loan payments turn out to be ::) (I just finished my BS and MBA). I will proabably do it in a few years for my 50th Bday (that or MMP race school). I plan to do it around Sept-Oct since that seems to be the time I can sign up for the tracks close enough together between HOD and others. I plan to hit LS, Sonoma, Thunderhill, and maybe Button Willow and MMP too if I can schedule it all.

I was at TH today and had a chance to take a lap on the new West track. No it's not quite what you think, it was in a Ford F-350. ;D Anyway progress is looking good and you can clearly make out the track. The track has been graded and the drainage is going in now. There are a couple of really tight turns that make the hairpin turn 11 at Sonoma look easy.

From the photos you can clearly see the elevation change.

IMG_2966_zpsa3e09ce1.jpg
IMG_2968_zpsd5b979f1.jpg
IMG_2974_zpsbed065c9.jpg

Saw this on Facebook. :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MV6maUik8Fo[/youtube]

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
So did anyone get the tractors lap time???

For racers in the West, the drought is having a unforeseen benefit -- should be no delay getting this track extension done on time?! Looks like a riot and if the entire track is used, can't imagine that the 25 hours of Thunderhill won't become even more popular !!!!??

TMO Supporting Vendors