The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tiger Hood incoming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Its gonna look just like this on my 2012 c/o

i erased the 2 inner pins in the picture. i'm just goin with the outside. Spoke to Bill over at Rehagen Racing - real nice guy. I'm going with the fiberglass as this will be aesthetic purposed only 8) 8) 8)

i'll just bubble wrap an store the oem hood

g-racing-hood-ford-mustang-boss-302-26_zps7f2939d3.jpg

Nice dude! I think if I were ever to change the hood I would have to follow in your footsteps and go with the Tiger Racing hood.

Where in Jersey are you?

Freehold Sean - I meetup with the mustang guys whenever i can. I went to the American Muscle show in PA this year with about 15-20 stangs all from Monmouth county. I also have a rental in north jersey and am up there alot as well(fort lee/palisades park area)

I mostly goto the sat shows in old bridge at the A&P/Friendlys Ice Cream Meet. 150 cars average every sat @ 6pm but I think there all done for the season hehe. Now i'll prolly look for cars n coffee or somthin to talk shop with some of the more exotics around here.

Tks,
Rob

I was also interested in a TR hood for my 2013, but hesitated because of curing issues with the FG and now cracking and "non aesthetic" qualities of the CF. The CF is off the table, but I am still in for a FG hood if the curing issue can be resolved.

NeuRon

2012 500A #1626
The stress marks/cracking are a consideration as it's a matter of time before they appear. Should be many years later, which is definitely easier to accept.

If the cosmetic issue is all about the added expense of prep, not fit, it might be worth it in the long run. That is, if the CF isn't going to suffer from stress marks. I'm speaking about long- term street use.

That's a good look, btw. 8)

Hood showed up today. Bill @ Rehagen Racing was an absolute pleasure to work with and it arrived flawless all the way to shitty NJ !!!!
1453490_10201733554374605_1510896133_n_zpsef9ec59a.png

Really interested in how well the install goes. The real performance of this hood will be scene after your drive around through shitty NJ for a while loll.

Also, someone else on here may be able to give you hints on letting the fiberglass cure in the sun or something along those lines. I am not entirely sure, but someone had bubbles after a paint job, and after scraping through the paint, they found the bubbles were actually in the FG.

sadil said:
Really interested in how well the install goes. The real performance of this hood will be scene after your drive around through shitty NJ for a while loll.

Also, someone else on here may be able to give you hints on letting the fiberglass cure in the sun or something along those lines. I am not entirely sure, but someone had bubbles after a paint job, and after scraping through the paint, they found the bubbles were actually in the FG.

Exactly - my paint show is aware of it. They will bake it a few times and let it sit, rinse and repeat - then prep an paint. I'll be there through the process and keep you guys updated !

Tks
Rob

LS110 said:
Love the look of that 302S. That was my screen saver for 6 months until I completed the hood and wing mods on mine. Are you going with the flat black as well?

Yup and the 2 outter hood pins if all goes smooth, it should be ready next wednesday or thurs. My winter mod plans is a rear seat delete with the xbrace and corbeau bar in c/o and a 6 point boss302 belt from cooltech. I'm still up in the air on new rubber.
Either the PSS or Contis - still on the fence - if anyone has experience with one or the other, chime in on opinions

LP Heaven said:
Yup and the 2 outter hood pins if all goes smooth, it should be ready next wednesday or thurs. My winter mod plans is a rear seat delete with the xbrace and corbeau bar in c/o and a 6 point boss302 belt from cooltech. I'm still up in the air on new rubber.
Either the PSS or Contis - still on the fence - if anyone has experience with one or the other, chime in on opinions

I am a huge fan of Conti take-offs. They are very sticky and the price is right. I have tried Hoosiers but not the R6s, which is on my list to try. There are several BMO members using them and liking them.

Inner or Outer for the pins ?? - I was going to do outer but after seeing it in person, i like inner better - what say you ?

Also - the fitment is PERFECT and my guy is gonna fill in the license plate holes so i can get a hide away on the bumper as it has to be redone anyway ;)

033_zpsb6dbec60.png

032_zps83010bcd.jpg

035_zps739b5cf9.jpg

roadhouse said:
I say do all 4!

But if you're just going to do 2 I would go with the outside and leave the latch functional in the middle

Second that! Do all 4 and you will be please with the look. I did all four and also have my latch still functional.

Thought the stock hood was around 20 or so and the FG is 17 and then the CF is like 8 or so. I didn't think the FG was much lighter then stock because the stock hood is aluminum I thought.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
steveespo said:
Stock hood is 34 lbs, my Tiger Fiberglass was labeled as 20.1 Lbs.
Steve

That's a pretty big weight advantage. I saved 17 pounds going from the Borlas ATAK from the OEM ABs. I cannot believe the CF hood would be 8 lbs. That would save about 26 lbs. if it's true.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
steveespo said:
Stock hood is 34 lbs, my Tiger Fiberglass was labeled as 20.1 Lbs.
Steve

I lose 14 lbs if I skip a meal. Does that count? I may start fasting now in preparation for the "Showdown at LRP" on 11/16 ! :eek:

TMO Supporting Vendors