The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Time for a helmet Mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Looking for a good SA2010 helmet that has the option for integrated electronics. I currently use a Bell M4 retrofitted with the Chatterbox headphones/mic. OK, not great. The Stilo line is the only one I see that does that. You guys aware of anything else ?

PeteInCT

Connecticut
I went with a HJC SI-12 (black) with the chatterbox electronics installed. The only helmet that I could find with integrated electronics was the Stilo, but it's back ordered from the factory for at least 4 weeks. In fact, any carbon fiber I tried to locate (Bell, Sparco, Stilo, Simpson) was on back order for at least 2-3 weeks. This HJC is a carbon composite so it's doesn't have the fiber look, but it has the same low weight characteristics and is a little less expensive that the HJC carbon fiber.

http://www.stableenergies.com/HJC-SI-12-SA2010-Super-Lite-Racing-Helmet-SI12/productinfo/HJC-SI12-1/

the SI-12 is the helmet I use...mainly because it fit my head better than others, but also because of the low weight. I didn't pay up for the lighter version of the HANS because I couldn't see it making a big difference, but I do think that the lighter helmet is nice. the SI-12 is a very good helmet for the money IMO.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
I was told they run a little smaller in size than other brands. Did you find the same to be true ?

TMO Supporting Vendors