The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Time to move on...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well, after almost 4 years of awesome Boss ownership I have moved on to something else. I traded the Boss in and have picked up a Mint 2006 Viper SRT10 coupe (copperhead orange). I've always like the gen 3 and gen 4 Vipers and the one I picked up is mint (15,000 miles and virgin stock). It's something I was contemplating for a while. I wanted to thank everyone here at TMO (formerly BMO) for all the useful information I have received over the past few years.

I hope the next owner of Boss #0477 finds their way here. I made sure to turn in the owners kit and car cover with the car. It belongs with the car.

20160420_134852_zps1ukgrhsl.jpg20160420_134920_zpsjk2zj3ku.jpg20160420_180008_zpsdmxdc0nz.jpg20160420_180031_zpsxr7zhpam.jpg

Nice, congrats on the new ride!
Viper has always been my childhood dream car. Maybe one day I'll follow your path ;D

Never seen those OEM wheels before.

F.D. Sako said:
Nice, congrats on the new ride!
Viper has always been my childhood dream car. Maybe one day I'll follow your path ;D

Never seen those OEM wheels before.

Thanks! They are stock wheels that were an upgrade for that year that the previous owner sprung for.

After 20 years of production it's still a rare sight to see a Viper on the road. Have fun in your new ride!

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Best of luck.....I think you'll enjoy that Viper! Awesome color BTW. I did something similar....but will keep my Boss and add to the stable with a new 2016 Kitty :). Just can't imagine parting with my Boss....just a really special little car....it's being surpassed yearly by many other cars....but there's only one "Boss!"

IMG_2483_zpsbj7bujgp.jpg

Senderofan said:
Best of luck.....I think you'll enjoy that Viper! Awesome color BTW. I did something similar....but will keep my Boss and add to the stable with a new 2016 Kitty :). Just can't imagine parting with my Boss....just a really special little car....it's being surpassed yearly by many other cars....but there's only one "Boss!"

IMG_2483_zpsbj7bujgp.jpg

I would like to see more photos of Miss Kitty if you can.
I would do the same as you if I could.

Senderofan said:

IMG_2483_zpsbj7bujgp.jpg

I would have loved to keep the Boss and have the Viper, but finances and garage space would not allow it. That HC is beast!

Senderofan

cbj5259 said:
I would have loved to keep the Boss and have the Viper, but finances and garage space would not allow it. That HC is beast!

I hear you! It's a bit of a stretch for us.....the CFO wasn't happy at first but after she had a weekend driving both...she understands they have two completely different missions in life. A Viper would be an Amazing car to own.....but I'd have the same problems with ingress and egress as I do with the Boss....Arthr Itis has decided to take up residence all over my body. So the larger doors and higher seat height help me tremendously. We have just over 400 miles on the odometer so we are just now being able to experience some of what the engine offers......this car demands respect, like your Viper.

IMG_2481_zpsoxatlyjr.jpg

IMG_2482_zpshv1py6vy.jpg

IMG_2488_zpsv07oabdd.jpg

IMG_2375_zpstruxto2z.jpg

IMG_2345_zpsuzftwdew.jpg

Senderofan

Johnny5alive said:
Awesome car. It must be really wild to drive. Enjoy.

Well.....just got it broke in last week so we can start exploring now. Did some control arms in the back....no more wheel hop on launch. Going to try my hand at 1/4 mile stuff at the track this afternoon.....but with factory tires. So far....this vehicle has been a beast. The only other car that I've been in that accelerates this hard is a Mercielago. I'm sure it's a very similar experience for you......comparing the Boss to your Viper. Healthy dose of respect with all that power....to keep from having bad things happen.

Senderofan said:
Well.....just got it broke in last week so we can start exploring now. Did some control arms in the back....no more wheel hop on launch. Going to try my hand at 1/4 mile stuff at the track this afternoon.....but with factory tires. So far....this vehicle has been a beast. The only other car that I've been in that accelerates this hard is a Mercielago. I'm sure it's a very similar experience for you......comparing the Boss to your Viper. Healthy dose of respect with all that power....to keep from having bad things happen.

Sorry I don't have a Viper. OP does. Wish I did though, also an awesome car.

Careful on those factory tires. I know it should handle it fine as that's how it was designed, but it seems like these high power cars get real squirrelly on the strip. How's the traction so far? Does it hook up pretty clean?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel